2.11.0 on the service center - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Hey Stewe here's a project for you: as we used a beat phase midi engine to increase modifiers and have actions based on that/those modifiers, I'm pretty sure, the same can be applied to the sequencer now using the current step output. What do you think?
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Just in case you haven't tested this and want to use the step output.
    The Decks only have a step output if they are set to Remix Deck. You'll need to make sure to have the conditions set to a Remix Deck. Kind of funny in a Native Instruments kind of way, since most other functions can be set and read to and from a deck, even though said functions might not apply to it's flavor (for example: Capture Source).

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    ...even though said functions might not apply to it's flavor (for example: Capture Source).
    Yup, I'm using the cue/move/grid selector for the remix decks as a quick and dirty way to get another modifier without adding another page.

They should totally add a position output for the master clock now that it can see Link too. If they do that then you would be able to use that without having to worry about what type of decks are in use.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    Hey Stewe here's a project for you: as we used a beat phase midi engine to increase modifiers and have actions based on that/those modifiers, I'm pretty sure, the same can be applied to the sequencer now using the current step output. What do you think?
    It has been a year or so since I started combining loop rec + beat phase concept for my Auto FX mappings. I managed to take the output of the Loop Recorder's Position and slice it's controller range value in to a 16 equal portions (to add more flexibility). Then, I mapped one button toggle which let's me switch between this two engines, but I find myself using loop rec concept more oftenly.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Yup, I'm using the cue/move/grid selector for the remix decks as a quick and dirty way to get another modifier without adding another page.
    Good for you. When i am in a bind, i grab hold of the Sample Page Selector [Deck A+B] for additional half-size modifiers. The tops decks usually don't get used as Remix Decks by me...

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    They should totally add a position output for the master clock now that it can see Link too. If they do that then you would be able to use that without having to worry about what type of decks are in use.
    Effectively an additional Assignment-Option for the Beat-Phase[Out] command. Although i would like it, if they also added a Master Clock position as a Condition in the way that Steps work for Remix Decks. Dreaming again... 8)

@Stewe: I was wondering if you knew this combo...

Control (In): Volume Adjust (or whater else you would like to change its Value)
    Asignment: [Insert]
    Modifier Condition: Deck Play(A) = 1 or what you like.
    Type: Button
    Mode: Inc or Dec
    Options: Auto Repeat On
    Resolution: [Insert]

This only works in both MIDI mode and HID with Rotary Encoders.
    - Put this Button Assignment on an incremental Rotary Encoder.
    - After creating or loading the mapping, initialize the function by turning the Encoder.

Effect:
    The Control Assignment kicks in as soon as the Modifier Conditions are met without touching the encoder.
    It lets you, for example, automatically push the software Volume Fader up when a Deck is switched on with a tempo of your choosing, or the reverse, or any other variable for that matter. Pick your conditions freely.

Took me a while to figure it out...

Edit: +HID
    Last edited by Sulherokhh; 10-24-2016 at 06:39 PM. Reason: oops

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    @Stewe: I was wondering if you knew this combo...

Control (In): Volume Adjust (or whater else you would like to change its Value)
    Asignment: [Insert]
    Modifier Condition: Deck Play(A) = 1 or what you like.
    Type: Button
    Mode: Inc or Dec
    Options: Auto Repeat On
    Resolution: [Insert]

This only works in both MIDI mode and HID with Rotary Encoders.
    - Put this Button Assignment on an incremental Rotary Encoder.
    - After creating or loading the mapping, initialize the function by turning the Encoder.

Effect:
    The Control Assignment kicks in as soon as the Modifier Conditions are met without touching the encoder.
    It lets you, for example, automatically push the software Volume Fader up when a Deck is switched on with a tempo of your choosing, or the reverse, or any other variable for that matter. Pick your conditions freely.

Took me a while to figure it out...

Edit: +HID
    Yup, knew that one! Totally works with standards faders too. It's one of those bugs in the software that you can take advantage of and create a feature. FX Units were full of those before NI fixed that in 2.5 (they call it "lame" mappings )

Now that you showed it... Expect to see it fixed in future versions, because to a mapper this can be a great feature, but to other 98% of users this thing can only cause problems.

I'm waiting for the update where the difference between worthwhile additions and removed goodies is a positive value.
    How can something be considered lame when it helps overcome an inherent weakness? Somehow most of the hacker ideals of professional programmers have gone away during the last 30 years. It just seems like yesterday when you could open most program code with a few simple tools...

CPU usage is up slightly for me .. as in, instead of not even registering, there is a slight flutter every now and then, thats with a remix deck plus a sequencer deck running guys.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345