F1 Step sequencer and Tekken mapping on same controller?

Default F1 Step sequencer and Tekken mapping on same controller?

Hey so here is a quick question, Perhaps @stewe could answer this.
    With the new mapping for traktor sequencer, is it possible to have sequencer mapping and tekkens ultimate mapping on the same controller, by that i mean can sequencer be used in default mode and tekkens mapping be used in user mode simply switching between the two or will it need a second controller to run both, not sure if the step sequencer mapping can be default as is with remix deck mapping...hope this makes sense.
    Thanks.

Depends on the mappings, you can have two mappings:
    - the native one
    - either a user one or a midi one (defined by the option in the f1 options within the preferences)

The sequencer mapping provided is a 'user' one, so to answer your question, if Tekken's mapping is a user one or a midi one, you can't have them both.
    In addition, each sequencer mapping is deck related so you'll have to decide in advance which of your (remix) decks will be used eventually for the sequencer.
    Last edited by Yul; 10-14-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yul is right, you can't have F1 sequencer (user) and Tekken's F1 (midi) running at a same time. I'm sure that at some point Tekken is going to update his mapping to allow for sequencing and FX in midi mode.

Or, you could hire this guy if you need any changes to Tekken's mapping

Tech Convert

I think that NI will insert the step sequencer mapping into the F1 default mapping in the next Traktor releases.
    If not I could insert this in my mapping.

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

You can't get both sequencer and tekken... BUT... mean you loose remix deck control (because F1 cannot run sequencer and rlx deck in same time as default. if you switch to user, you can have rmx deck and sequencer but no tekken. try this afternnon with a similar tekken mapping.
    One solution is to get a mapping for sequencer in midi mode but despite my skills in mapping, it would be too long and tricky to do it. Hope someone or NI will provide this.