Is the RMX 1000 replacement coming soon?
    Tech Convert

Default Is the RMX 1000 replacement coming soon?

Up in the air about buying one but I talked with several shops and one shop said they have one left and that's all they will be getting. The other shop says it will take several weeks to get one. Still being available isn't the question however. I'm more curious if something new is in store with things changing more and more at Pioneer. Read today Serato will have support for the DJM 900nxs2... but anyways...

Any thoughts

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

None I'm aware of, Pioneer announcements tend to reach blogs just an hour or two before the news actually goes public.

It wouldn't make sense to launch a replacement so soon. Just look at the time between EFX-1000 and RMX...
    Problem with pioneer fx units is that their mixers already have a shitload of onboard fx so their users don't have big incentive to get a external fx unit plus even the top-grade controllers don't have a proper send/return to be able to utilize any of them. Even some A&H mixers have problem setting them right because of the way send/return is implemented.
    So basically, all thats left from a user base is Denon mixer owners hahahaha
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

the rmx 1000 is the bomb! i just copped a used one and it is amazing!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

efx1000 for life

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    the rmx 1000 is the bomb! i just copped a used one and it is amazing!
    yes, the VST version is also great, sadly it's too much of a pain in the ass to use it with traktor.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Convert

Almost 5 years old now. Guess I ASSUMED as well but good to hear everyone's thoughts. Would you buy it if you had nxs2 setup or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo Bob View Post
    Almost 5 years old now. Guess I ASSUMED as well but good to hear everyone's thoughts. Would you buy it if you had nxs2 setup or no?
    If you have a nxs2 setup then I guess money is not a problem nor is losing a small faction of it if you need to replace it with a new pioneer product when they release it.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I loved my RMX-1000. I sold it forgetting that you need it plugged in to install the VST. I used the VST religiously and now am going to either buy another one, or find someone with one I can plug in to install. :-p Wish Pioneer would just sell the VST.

Great piece of kit regardless.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    efx1000 for life
    EFX500 master race. I dont understand why they removed the isolator knobs on the 1000.