Can you never wet DJ equipment? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

I often wonder if any of boards inside DJ equipment are conformal coated now as it's getting cheaper to do it, especially given the potentially high humidity levels in clubs/bars, plus spillages to contend with. I'd certainly expect the more expensive/club install kit to be.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    I often wonder if any of boards inside DJ equipment are conformal coated now as it's getting cheaper to do it, especially given the potentially high humidity levels in clubs/bars, plus spillages to contend with. I'd certainly expect the more expensive/club install kit to be.
    I cant imagine it would be. Why would manufacturers reward stupidity by saving those people money on replacing dead parts when they can sell them brand new ones at a huge profit ?

Anyhoo, most gear can be salvaged once its washed and dried out properly unless the "liquid" is particularly corrosive and allowed to fester.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I cant imagine it would be. Why would manufacturers reward stupidity by saving those people money on replacing dead parts when they can sell them brand new ones at a huge profit ?

Anyhoo, most gear can be salvaged once its washed and dried out properly unless the "liquid" is particularly corrosive and allowed to fester.
    Indeed, I agree, but it also adds to my continuing puzzlement as to why the cost of some units are as high as they are, given they are mass produced, consumer electronics using industrial grade components, a bit of conformal coating wouldn't go amiss.

But you're right, no need to mitigate for idiots, plus could be a bit of planned obsolescence.

Amazes me that the industry I'm in can design and manufacture life supporting, safety critical, complex electronics with fully traceable components, on a much smaller quantity, for less than the cost of a CDJ2K nexus, and make plenty of money on it

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Indeed, I agree, but it also adds to my continuing puzzlement as to why the cost of some units are as high as they are, given they are mass produced, consumer electronics using industrial grade components, a bit of conformal coating wouldn't go amiss.

But you're right, no need to mitigate for idiots, plus could be a bit of planned obsolescence.

Amazes me that the industry I'm in can design and manufacture life supporting, safety critical, complex electronics with fully traceable components, on a much smaller quantity, for less than the cost of a CDJ2K nexus, and make plenty of money on it
    One word: Pioneer.
    As long as people recommend Pioneer gear to beginners under the sacred mantra "it's club standard" nothing will change in that regard.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    One word: Pioneer.
    As long as people recommend Pioneer gear to beginners under the sacred mantra "it's club standard" nothing will change in that regard.
    Good point.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I call BS. We already know he would be excited for Jizz!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Marine friendly DJ Equipment? I haven't seen anyone do it directly to equipment. We have come up with some very creative booth designs for desert events and boat parties to protect against the elements, though.

Pretty much all equipment is designed to keep liquids out as much as possible. That small indentation around the FX button on a DJM.... Seems useless right? Put a bead of water on it. The water won't drip through (DOnt actually put liquid on your mixer on purpose). Ive had equipment survive beer, soda, whiskey (My bad), water, fog, drizzle, and even a heavy rain (God I loved my PMC270). In light, I have also seen equipment be completely destroyed by splashed pool water (2 CDJ2000NXS took way more water being completely exposed while the CDJ900NXS's didn't take half as much exposure to the water. 900's Died while the CDJ2000NXS rocked for 6 more sets throughout the night.... Did I mention I hate CDJ900NXS?).... anyway.... Got of topic for a minute. Where was I? Oh yeah..... Whiskey!

Be right back. Gotta go find my whiskey.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12