My DJ and Live Performance Setup

Default My DJ and Live Performance Setup

Last edited by Jester; 10-27-2016 at 06:00 PM.

fresh!
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Thanks! Here's another angle. I used to have the monitors attached to the wall, but there were no studs in the wall near, so one fell off the wall. I'm deciding how to best get them back to being level with my ear at the moment.

IMG_2930.jpg

window-framing-1e.jpgthere are studs framing that window in, i suspect you missed them by 2 inches.after that they are typically 16 or 22 inches apart.for about 8 bucks you can buy a stud sensor but all windows and doors are framed in studs and topped with what is known a header which is a bunch of 2x4s nailed to each other to make a big solid support to make the roof not push down through the opening and crush the window or door. now you know
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Sweet thanks!

I had actually used a stud finder, but didn't realize my screws weren't long enough to go past the drywall. I got proper speaker mounts, so I was able to use my heavier Polk speakers, however I forgot the rule of Always Double-Check Your Measurements, and the left speaker is 2" lower than the right. I'm going to see how this setup works for a bit before deciding how to even them out. Right now the right tweeter is at ear level, but I might move them up higher out of the way, and angle down. Thanks for your time on that answer.

IMG_2996.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    window-framing-1e.jpgthere are studs framing that window in, i suspect you missed them by 2 inches.after that they are typically 16 or 22 inches apart.for about 8 bucks you can buy a stud sensor but all windows and doors are framed in studs and topped with what is known a header which is a bunch of 2x4s nailed to each other to make a big solid support to make the roof not push down through the opening and crush the window or door. now you know

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytontheChemist View Post
    I had actually used a stud finder, but didn't realize my screws weren't long enough to go past the drywall. I got proper speaker mounts, so I was able to use my heavier Polk speakers, however I forgot the rule of Always Double-Check Your Measurements, and the left speaker is 2" lower than the right. I'm going to see how this setup works for a bit before deciding how to even them out. Right now the right tweeter is at ear level, but I might move them up higher out of the way, and angle down. Thanks for your time on that answer.

IMG_2996.jpg

I enjoy that setup throughly.