Lapalomas: 2 step sequencers on one APC-Mini mapping!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Lapalomas: 2 step sequencers on one APC-Mini mapping!

Hey DJ-Techtools community,

im working on a mapping for the Akai APC-Mini to make it control Deck C and D as step sequencers at the same time.

Im working quite some time now and there are 2 problems remaining that i cant fix:

1. A "Playhead" for the step sequencer on the matrix.
    2. LED Feedback to show which sample is selected.

i uploaded a little video so you can understand it a little easier what i mean:

also here is the .tsi (Traktor 2.11):
    AKAI Apc-Mini Step sequencer.tsi

Im trying desperately to fix it the whole morning, but i feel like its time to ask the forums!

Thanks alot for you help!

Best regards
    Lapaloma

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You can import F1 mapping and inside you should be able to see how sequencer is all set up.

As for different sounds and their LED output just use the Sound Selector output command. Once you add it and map it to a button you need to duplicate it 15 times and set different controller range values for each cell:

Cell 1: min=0 max=0
    Cell 2: min=1 max=1
    Cell 3: min=2 max=2
    Cell 4: min=3 max=3
    and so on

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    You can import F1 mapping and inside you should be able to see how sequencer is all set up.

As for different sounds and their LED output just use the Sound Selector output command. Once you add it and map it to a button you need to duplicate it 15 times and set different controller range values for each cell:

and so on

Hey thanks for the answer! I will try again tomorrow

Tech Convert

and so on

Hey im thinking i have a mapping blackout now…

for the step sequencer: do i need to delete my previous led mapping to make it work? I tried copying the F1 mapping but there seems to be a distraction…

For the LED Feedback for the selected sample, i have done the following:
    (this is just to map the first button to the first sample)

Add Out>Remix Deck>Step Sequencer>Selected Sample

I made a modifier to only trigger this command if im on Slot 1 for Deck C. I also assigned the command to Deck C slot 1

So far im quite sure its correct.

But here is what i did for the LED Options:

Controller Range Min: 0 Max: 0 (the controller range is from 0-15, so 0 is the first sample?)
    Midi Range: Min: 3 Max:3 (3 is the number to make the led light red)

Then i did:

Controller Range Min: 1-15 Max: 1-15
    Midi Range: Min 0 Max:0 (to tell the first led to shut down when there is any other than the first sample playing)

Where is my mistake?

Thanks again!

Problem is in MIDI range, in order to lite up the LED your max value should be 1 or 2 or 3 (far as I remember this three values are going to address different colors on mini) though I sold mine 4 days ago and therefor I can't test your tsi.

Have the same problem with the "playhead" can somebody tell me where i can download F1 map?

Problem is in MIDI range, in order to lite up the LED your max value should be 1 or 2 or 3 (far as I remember this three values are going to address different colors on mini) though I sold mine 4 days ago and therefor I can't test your tsi.
    I've just bought one two days ago ^^
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

1 is green
    2 is green blinking
    3 is red
    4 is red blinking
    5 is orange
    6 is orange blinking
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Leaves View Post
    Have the same problem with the "playhead" can somebody tell me where i can download F1 map?
    No need to download it since it is already in Traktor, you just have to import it from a specific folder: Device Menu > Add > Import TSI > Native Instruments > F1 Step Sequencer

No need to download it since it is already in Traktor, you just have to import it from a specific folder: Device Menu > Add > Import TSI > Native Instruments > F1 Step Sequencer
    thank you stewe ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast