Lapalomas: 2 step sequencers on one APC-Mini mapping! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    No need to download it since it is already in Traktor, you just have to import it from a specific folder: Device Menu > Add > Import TSI > Native Instruments > F1 Step Sequencer
    Stewe a just notice in official kontrol f1 mapping that they didn't use this output "current step" to archive the "playhead" that @lapaloma was talking about :/

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Leaves View Post
    Stewe a just notice in official kontrol f1 mapping that they didn't use this output "current step" to archive the "playhead" that @lapaloma was talking about :/
    They use "Enable Step X" command. The "Current Step" is a modifier condition that is used to determine on which of the 16 steps is the playhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    1 is green
    2 is green blinking
    3 is red
    4 is red blinking
    5 is orange
    6 is orange blinking
    That's it!

Tech Convert

Hey, but my plan is not working for another reason.

I have a red playhead is working now, BUT:

If i "select" for example all of the 4 steps which are exactly on the beat (on a 16 step - stepsequencer) those will be coloured yellow. The background for a step that is not selected is green.

If the playhead now "passes" the yellow tiles it overwrites the LEd commands so after one full pass of the playhead all the yellow tiles are gone...

and i think there is no way to fix this with only one LED possible per button.

(The F1 fixes this because the playhead is working on a completely different midi-note)

So game over for me X.x

Still awesome upgrade!!

Disclaimer ^^: I've done it in a hurry, only for a few pads, and while the sequencer is on

Have you tried the following logic:

the command led out for enable step shall be set up only when the current step isn't this pad/led.
    the command led out current step shall be set up only when the step is the current one

That makes on your example for the mini (for the step 1, only for the leds, and for one pad, I let you do the rest)

Enable step 1 (out): controller range 0/1 (it is/ it isn't); midi range 1/5 (green is not enabled/ orange is); add modifier condition current step remix deck slot 1= 2 to 16 , not 1. That's 15 commands to create.

Current step (out) : controller range 0/0* (it is step 1...and when it's not, the enable step commands will command the led behaviour); midi range 3/3 (yellow), add modifier condition current step remix deck slot 1=1, only.
    * Here the controller range is the 'step' so [B]beware of your mapping when you'll do the other pads as step 1 is 0, step 2 is 1, etc..., until step 16=15

So for one pad you should have 16 commands for its led(s).

I've just done it with the colors you used, it seems to works fine and the led is updated (but see the disclaimer ^^). Even if it's not correct that may lead you to something better (finger crossed). Let me know if that works, I don't plan to map the sequencer on the mini but it's interesting to see your progress.
    Last edited by Yul; 10-23-2016 at 06:38 AM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Say you want a step to be lit green when enabled and have a red playhead. This is basically how I did it on the alpha sequencer mapping for the 3D and on the DDJ-RX I'm finishing up

Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 3-3 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=1
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=2
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=3
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=4
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=5
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=6
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=7
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=8
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=9
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=10
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=11
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=12
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=13
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=14
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=15
    Enable Step 1 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=16
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=1
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 3-3 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=2
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=3
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=4
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=5
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=6
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=7
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=8
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=9
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=10
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=11
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=12
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=13
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=14
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=15
    Enable Step 2 > Controller Range: 0-1 > MIDI Range: 0-1 > Sequencer Current Step Remix Deck X Slot Y=16
    ...and so on for the other steps.
    Basically all 16 commands are nearly identical except that the step modifier for the enable step you are mapping should have the colors matching the playhead color (3 in this case) and off/green for all other instances.
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-25-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Lightbulb

did you find a solution in the end ?
    id be very keen as i also have an APC.

Tech Student

Thank you all for the advice. I did it!

APC MINI STEP SEQUENCER.tsi

Quote Originally Posted by ak42 View Post
    Thank you all for the advice. I did it!

APC MINI STEP SEQUENCER.tsi
    Congrats!!! Be sure to upload it on MAPS.

Could you help me out? Iam totally lost trying to map the step seq to my launch control XL,

I would like to use Decks C and D as one step sequencer with its 16 buttons controlling the steps of all eight slots with a volume knob for each slot and the knobs for other midi commands like effects for example.

my problem is I can map with each step with "add in/enable step" for deck C slot 1 but, I don't know how to map to other slots and also led feedback, there are two OUT commands, the "enable step" and "current step" my controller only read one or the other, either I can see the enabled step on but not the sequence running or I see the sequence running but not the steps that are on.

I know absolutely nothing about modifiers so I guess thats the problem. Also tried copying other mappings but it is still complicated having no knowledge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12