Where is Traktor Headed down the line? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I can't see the downside of a collab with Pioneer on some XDJ-Traktor controllers. Integrate all of the D2 features into a hybrid controller and go halvies in the production and profit

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I understand the legal argument, but after sitting down and converting 15K+ records to digital... I can't agree with someone being too lazy to convert their CD collection.
    Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with being lazzy.
    Everybodys Day has 24h and life is more than only mixing.

For me for example DJing is not my main Job and I guess most of us are doing it as Hobby and can't live from it.
    So I can't spend 40h a week on it because of regular Job and private Situation (Sick mother with alzheimer in an hospice and sick father having cancer issues I have to take care of them as I am a Single child).
    Djing is my Passion and my Retreat from crazy "Everyday Business"

I started 16 years ago with CDs and naturally continued, I started converting my CDs over a year ago and when I make a session I make 2-3 dozens at a time, but with a collection of over 1500 CDs it takes a lot of times.

My Idea was just that several Brands (Pioneer, Gemini, Numark, etc...) have "Hybrid" products on the market but None is 100% Traktor compatible, you always have to find the best mapping. My Pioneer XDJ-R1 was sold and adverted "Made for VDJ Use" so I thought it would be 100% compatible...well haven't found a mapping by now that covers all the functionalities of the Controller on VDJ.

So my thoughts were that if such a "Hybrid" Controller would come out the house of Software & Hardware Producer (in that case NI) it would for sure be a Plus for those old fashionned guys like me....and believe me there is a market for it.

I'm like you (goodbytes)

I'm hoping Traktor integrates a good streaming app like Spotify.

I really like the option of having millions of tracks on hand without having to keep updating my library every week.

Tech Mentor

I haven't had a feature released yet by NI for Traktor that even has been useful for me since about 2012. Traktor should have released a Z4 a long time ago instead of the JAM and other controllers.

Also, unless you are playing a a very consistent tempo I do not see the point in using STEMS/2.11.1, when I could just use 1 shots. The remix decks should be unlocked for mapping already and I would love to see a better mapping window, resizeable, easier, etc.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I haven't had a feature released yet by NI for Traktor that even has been useful for me since about 2012. Traktor should have released a Z4 a long time ago instead of the JAM and other controllers.

Also, unless you are playing a a very consistent tempo I do not see the point in using STEMS/2.11.1, when I could just use 1 shots. The remix decks should be unlocked for mapping already and I would love to see a better mapping window, resizeable, easier, etc.
    Errrrr.... we have been able to make remix decks almost fully for quite some time now (except slot color and key), same goes for a resizable mapping window.

I could see something like a D2 version of the F1 with a bigger screen than the D2 in place of one of the rows of knobs (maybe called the F2 or something similar) materialising at some point, particularly for use alongside an existing D2. Perhaps even a version of the D2 with a soundcard built-in or a dock for the D2 that has a built-in soundcard and extra controls for portability at a club where the S8 would be a bit much in terms of size, but a pair of D2s with the docks would slot in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Errrrr.... we have been able to make remix decks almost fully for quite some time now (except slot color and key), same goes for a resizable mapping window.
    Right. I read that post.... like.... is this 2014? lol

I wish the Z4 existed so badly. I absolutely love teh z2, but being limited to two channels is just :-(
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    as an A -> B guy with little effects and looping (with impeccable record selection )...I am always curious to see where it's headed...
    Ive heard some of your mixes and they are awesome to listen to. I dont go to clubs to stand and watch a DJ. Keep being boring dude!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Jester is Carlsberg ->A ->B
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast