Where is Traktor Headed down the line? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

[QUOTE=Stephen Nawlins;751519]
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Willis View Post
    I would love a product called the T2, Basically NI's version of the XDJ1000, no cd slot (of course), big screen, over sized jog but with all the D2 buttons/ functions and not a Pioneer price range in sight ;

Well...why no Cd Slot???
    This would be a huge Thing coming from Native to have a Controller with Cd Slots...a kinf od XDJ-R1 but that works perfectly with Traktor. Would be something so welcome by Mobile-DJs.
    Working with folders of CDs and spreadsheets of tracks is a very slow and anachronistic way to play. Its objectively more work and and a worse user experience which is why the entire industry has gone to USB, hard drives and Track databases.

Pioneer dont put CD drives on any of their most recent models simply because people dont want them.

And if you are using Traktor then you are using a computer that either has a CD drive, or has a usb port where one can be plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I dont understand the current need for a CD slot on any player?
    Don't Forget there is not only Electronic Music and CLub DJ's.

Then there are tonns of "Old" DJs (Guys between 50-60 years old) that worked with CDs the last 30 years having huge Music collection who might not want to buy everything as mp3 again or to sit on their Computer for weeks to convert their Cds.

Then there are countries in which it is not legal just to convert your owned and paid CDs into mp3 for your DJ Needs. The law Forces you to buy the tracks you allready own a second time, for example in Germany it is so, there you even have to pay to make a backup Harddrive of your collection.

So many DJs, specially the ones who are in Business since a Long time and mix in open Format or crossover style, still work with CDs and just added a Notebook and a Controller to their CD-Setup for the newest tracks that they now directly buy as a Download.

I am one of those DJs and I know many of them and every single one of us is always saying "One day I will totally move to contollerism...one day..."

So a combined Gear (in the style of the XDJ-R1) but 100% compatible with the Software would be welcome by more People than you think...it's not because you haven't the use for it that nobody has.

Tech Mentor

I'm not really bothered anymore... I used Traktor since I started digital DJing, loved it and still do, but the direction of performance mixing is just not for me, I grew up on turntables, I need a platter and pitch control... performance mixing only catering for specific styles slow house, techno, etc... try do that performance stuff for an hour with 170bpm+, I'm 30 with kids, not time to learn to Dj all over again.... too hard to master and too much prep work.... It's cool to be able to overlay the odd track or bit of mashup but difficult to do a whole set.

I think it's cool that people use it, but its all too practiced, I see guys, even on DJTT.. release sets and videos, several of them.. same routine. practice down too a tee.

I'm more of a stick hand in the box and pull out a random tune kinda guy.

I'm not dissing how others DJ, it's just not for me.. and Traktor is not catering for this other side of the market anymore.

I moved over to Serato but couldn't sidestep some of the things that annoyed me so moved on to Pioneer which introduced me to the wonder that is RekordBox. This thing is seriously amazing, it is everything I wanted Traktor to be.

Amazing interface, fast, incredibly responsive and accurate, lush FX, configuring the FX and rolls on pads is massively intuitive, the whole thing just gels together beautifully.

The best of Traktor was the Kontrol F1.. it complimented other styles of DJing, could be used with DVS or NI controllers but didn't impose on traditional mixing, you could essentially use both in a great workflow... but they went too far.

I could probably let lack of platters slip, but no pitch faders killed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by goodbytes View Post
    The best of Traktor was the Kontrol F1.. it complimented other styles of DJing, could be used with DVS or NI controllers but didn't impose on traditional mixing, you could essentially use both in a great workflow...
    X1 and F1. They gave new life to F1 with Stems and sequencing after so many people sold it after the Remix decks fiasco (forums were flooded with F1 units, often with Traktor licence included).
    X1 on the other hand..hell, even the mk1 version is more wanted than the mk2, that's how good it is. Even for Serato. There probably isn't a software around that doesn't have a official mapping for it.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    X1 and F1. They gave new life to F1 with Stems and sequencing after so many people sold it after the Remix decks fiasco (forums were flooded with F1 units, often with Traktor licence included).
    X1 on the other hand..hell, even the mk1 version is more wanted than the mk2, that's how good it is. Even for Serato. There probably isn't a software around that doesn't have a official mapping for it.
    I loved the F1, mainly for the capture functionality.. it was cool being able to load a track, capture the beats or vocal or something, stick it in a free cell and then have access to it throughout my entire set, I would add to it over time and save on the fly then reload during sets.. I ended up only using the one custom remix set I made.. I didn't use it for entire tracks, just enhancing my set. I would still be mixing 2 traditional tracks... basically a 3rd deck.

with link(this will come soon i think) it will work, maybe not a tight integration but for sure a tight synchronisation...
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Nawlins View Post
    Don't Forget there is not only Electronic Music and CLub DJ's.

Then there are tonns of "Old" DJs (Guys between 50-60 years old) that worked with CDs the last 30 years having huge Music collection who might not want to buy everything as mp3 again or to sit on their Computer for weeks to convert their Cds.

Then there are countries in which it is not legal just to convert your owned and paid CDs into mp3 for your DJ Needs. The law Forces you to buy the tracks you allready own a second time, for example in Germany it is so, there you even have to pay to make a backup Harddrive of your collection.

So many DJs, specially the ones who are in Business since a Long time and mix in open Format or crossover style, still work with CDs and just added a Notebook and a Controller to their CD-Setup for the newest tracks that they now directly buy as a Download.

I am one of those DJs and I know many of them and every single one of us is always saying "One day I will totally move to contollerism...one day..."

So a combined Gear (in the style of the XDJ-R1) but 100% compatible with the Software would be welcome by more People than you think...it's not because you haven't the use for it that nobody has.
    I understand the legal argument, but after sitting down and converting 15K+ records to digital... I can't agree with someone being too lazy to convert their CD collection.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

as an A -> B guy with little effects and looping (with impeccable record selection )...I am always curious to see where it's headed...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    as an A -> B guy with little effects and looping (with impeccable record selection )...I am always curious to see where it's headed...
    Last edited by keithace; 10-22-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I was drinking last night...

I meant that for me it doesn't matter. I don't do much with the software so the current features and updates are lost on me. I am always curious to see the DJs max out the software and use it to it's potential. Not the A ---> B guy like me. I am boring as shit to watch.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast