Traktor & S4 question...

Default Traktor & S4 question...

I know this might have been asked 1000 times but well there Comes my 1001st time:

A friend of mine moved from S4 to S8 Controller.

Now he told me that the S4 is just laying around in ist case not being used anymore.
    So I asked him if he would give it to me for a try and that I would eventually buy it from him.
    So the gear is apparently having a full Version of Traktor incl. License.

So will I just have to install Traktor, tipe in the License code and that's it??? Even if the License has allready been used by him?
    Can I install Traktor on more than just 1 Notebook with the same License? (Backup Notebook)

I I am working on a XDJ-R1 using CDs and VDJ for the Moment and it is really always a mess with no really convenient mapping for this Controller (even if it's been adverted as a VDJ COntroller by Pioneer) and also a huge mess to jump from Cd to Controller mode assigning Player 1 to Softwares Deck1 every single time you wanna Switch the mode.
    So my friend told me with NI products it is way easyer, no mapping Problems, just Plug & Play.
    How accurate is his "It's all so easy" Statement??? Don't get me wrong, I believe in my friends but a second Expertise is always good and I know we have tonns of experts in here that can help me out.

It would be my next step (after converting tonns of CDs) in direction "Digital Mixing" (well working with CDs was allready Digital mixing no?) so I am a bit insecure.

Tech Guru

He will need to transfer the Traktor licence to your Native Instrument account from his.

There are no such things as no problems with DJ software and hardware. You will have little issues to overcome with reading and research. Reading the manual will set you up much better than people who dont.

"It would be my next step (after converting tonns of CDs) in direction "Digital Mixing" (well working with CDs was allready Digital mixing no?) so I am a bit insecure."

I ripped over 1000CDs to lossless in a week, including tagging. You just need a system, and good software.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    I ripped over 1000CDs to lossless in a week, including tagging. You just need a system, and good software.
    Over 1000 in 1 week??? Wow... Tell me more about your System and and your Software...because I must have a similar size of collection but I am far far away from this amount allready ripped.