Traktor Vs Rekordbox DJ. Your Opinion ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Noise/Crush/Pitch/Filter in the Color FX section work in standalone mode too along with the full mixer section of course. Everything else is software based.

Cheers padi.

The benefit of Traktor seems to be the send/return for use with Xone 92. Can't say I'd consider switching without.
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

But does the delay freeze and echo forever?

Or is it the usual 1983 sounding delay that just keeps grabbing the bits over and over?

Looking at your screenshot it seems like their echo might be like the Traktor delay. I see the feedback knob in that section.

Forgot to add, effects are Post Fader. The regular Delay is as well but since it only repeats the audio once there's no real use for post fader fx with it. Echo is the equivalent of Traktor's T3 and while the pitch doesn't change like Traktor's when playing with real small intervals you can reverse the audio signal. Pair that with a dub echo as a color FX and you got yourself a really neat combo.

@loverocket. The freeze on Echo and Pitch Echo is held until you unfreeze it or turn the FX off, no matter where the feedback knob was set at. Once it's off the feedback knob determines how long the fade out tail will be.

Been using Traktor for ten years, working on switching to Rekordbox DJ now, both for thumbdrives on CDJs, and for sets with a laptop.
    For me, what decided it was Rekordbox DJ's vastly superior library/browser system. The "My Tag" system bcombined with the filterign system and smart playlists are the most innovative feature for aiding in choosing tracks that I've ever seen come out in a DJ platform. You create your own tags to describe track attributes. I do stuff like "opener" "+vocal" "-vocal" "deep" "house" "drum n bass" "dark" "closer" etc. You process a track by toggling on whichever of your filters fits it, and then you just have smart playlists set up to automatically grab every track with certain combinations of tags. So I always have a playlist of every "deep vocal liquid drum n bass" track I have, and then I can sort it by intensity, key, etc. and all of it works both in software and thumb drives.

Absolute gamechanger.

I didn't want to bring my controller/laptop always everywhere, that has Pioneer standard equipment and wanted to just go with USB in one hand and phones in the other hand.

So I literally made a one-day-decision (been on Traktor for 11+years now, so quite a decision), bought myself a Pioneer DDJ-RB, installed Rekordbox, imported my songs and have never looked back..

Sure, I'm missing my hotcues and play count etc, but Traktor was too unstable and couldn't fix their bugs in YEARS.

Super happy with Rekordbox so far, preparation is awesome and performing is awesome as well.
    It does have some con's, ie not being able to map mic controls to something + have to turn off crossfader manually every startup, but I know that Pioneer will improve on these problems, seeing how fast updates are rolling out (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by djelton View Post
    Sure, I'm missing my hotcues...
    Rekordbuddy might come in handy for you if you really want to transfer your Traktor hotcues.

Does it have the equivalent of Remix decks, because that is another big plus for me....

Even though I use them sparingly.
    Xone92/X1 MKII X 2/F1/Macbook Pro 13/Technics SL1210 MK2's
    https://soundcloud.com/timbo21-1/tracks

Radio Show Every Friday & Saturday Night 22.00-00.00 BST
    http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/timbo...-london-radio/

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Rekordbuddy might come in handy for you if you really want to transfer your Traktor hotcues.
    Yeah, I know. But first of all, I'm on PC and don't want to do this Virtual Machine crap and second of all, it's a great oppurtunity to clear my collection of songs I don't need and structure everything better

Thanks for the tip tho

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast