Traktor - SWAP A and B deck songs with one hotkey while in the mix

Default Traktor - SWAP A and B deck songs with one hotkey while in the mix

Hi,

is there a known hotkey/solution or midi map key (my opinion is that there must be someone who already did this), to hot swap songs that are playing on A and B decks but to stay in the mix, so just to switch positions??..

for instance... im mixing two song, and, because i only use one turntable (DECK B) i want to quickly scratch whats playing on DECK A, but want DECK B to continue playing,
    so i want to hot swap the songs and that they stay in mix, is that possible??

I tought of mapping a key to change the control vinyl from B to A when i press it, but i would need to invesitgate more the options and midi map solutions for that ...since then i would also need to change on which side the crossfader should cut, and other stuff
    ---MacBook Pro 13 Core i5 3210m 2,5Ghz 4Gb RAM---Traktor Z2---Technics SL-1210---Traktor S4---Akai MPK Mini---

Your second option is the better one, mate.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Your second option is the better one, mate.
    so, basicaly, you are saying there is now easy option to swap this like i initially intended?
    ---MacBook Pro 13 Core i5 3210m 2,5Ghz 4Gb RAM---Traktor Z2---Technics SL-1210---Traktor S4---Akai MPK Mini---

You are going to map the swap of A > B for timecode control and assigning the deck to the opposite side of the crossfader to the same button.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

hmmm... yes, seems like the most reasonable option... will try it out def.... thnx

which is the option in the controller editor to assign the fader to opposite side?? cant seem to find it...
    how to toggle the timecode to A from B, i found timecode>scratch control on, but it just switches the deck to scratch control, it doesn't toggle it on -I've set input for both A and B to the same control vinyl, so thats correct...

Why do you want to reverse the cross fader? Your turntable won't be moving...

You could set up a one button toggle change the control vinyl from Deck B to A and back again.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Why do you want to reverse the cross fader? Your turntable won't be moving...

You could set up a one button toggle change the control vinyl from Deck B to A and back again.
    Can you please write me how??
    Thnx

I wont to be able to cut the A deck like its on my B side , so that the crossfader is in the same position... I managed to do something, I'll post it here how i did it... Seems to work fine...

Lots of good info in this thread:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...ghlight=toggle