MIDI Fighter 64 Mass Production?
    Tech Convert

Default MIDI Fighter 64 Mass Production?

Hey all. Ean posted this video on his Instagram a few weeks ago:
    Screenshot 2016-10-26 10.57.05.jpg

It appears to be a very different than the previous MIDI Fighter 64 internally, as pictured here mf64-behind-the-dev.jpg
    This is from Shawn Wasabi's (now stolen, RIP) MF64. It was made of a few MIDI Fighter Spectra PCB's acting in a special mode as per a certain firmware. Notable differences include PCB color, and a centered USB port (Shawn's was on one side because it used a plug for one of the Spectra PCBs). You can read more about Shawn's MF64 here.

Yesterday Ean posted this picture: Screenshot 2016-10-26 10.56.35.jpg
    I predict Shawn will be given one of the first new MF64s and team up with the doods at DJTechTools to deliver the reveal video/demo the new device. I am afraid it may not have bank buttons at all, given the pictures and the way the PCBs look for the Spectra, MF3D and Twister. I've reached out to Shawn Wasabi but so far gotten no reply.

midi-fighter-spectra-REAR.jpg

(Notice the cool little winged bits on the side of the PCB where the side bank buttons are soldered.)

Further design details include this MF64 seems about an inch less wide or tall, like the outer plastic around the buttons terminates sooner when it reaches the edge of the case. This must be from using a custom-made PCB rather than the smashed in Spectra PCBs.

I'm not sure what the retail price of this will be, or if it will be limited to a few batches for die-hard fans. I'm willing to bet that a new PCB means they plan on reproducing this in great numbers, rather than a one-off product like before. I hope this thread will see a lot of great speculation (and maybe input from Ian or Dan).
    Last edited by thebitman; 10-26-2016 at 11:19 AM.