New Macbook Pro - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post

gets me everytime
    Hahaha classic

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post

-Dual core i5 2.0GHz @ $1500 is a joke. If you want the touchpad edition is 1799... The Razer Blade for the same price is double the specs...
    People keep saying the Razer blade, but am I right in saying that the Razer Blades "cheap" configuration still comes in at 1.5lbs heavier, 4 hours less battery life, only a 1080p screen, a slower hard drive and fewer high speed i/o ports ?

If you want the better resolution touchscreen version it starts at $2099

Touchstrip is kinda useless if you have a controller, after all, the controller is to keep your hands off the keyboard, not give you more reasons to be looking at your laptop.
    It was a horrible "demo" and possibly THE worst keynote in history - and definitely not the best demo of Touchpad or DJ'ing or Anything.

Maybe for production the touchstrip may work but still if you have a controller like Push 2 the benefit isnt that much. Maybe for other apps like Logic, Reason, Acid, etc can provide another tool for more seamless production but still it's a wait and see... Even with great integration for me it would be a hardsell.
    So long as developers have as many ideas as I have floating around on the Touchbar could really add benefit to certain apps it'll be awesome (and I'm not talking stupid emoji's)

Also, with not the whole screen touch enabled?
    Vertical Touchscreens are horrible to work with (apparent after using them for a few months. It should also be much easier for developers to add some code for contextual menus to be accessed via a Touch bar and keep your entire screen real estate free from obstruction.

To be fair though the Surface Studio seems to have come up with the best implementation for a touchscreen computer to be actually useful (certainly in a design based environment) - still best to keep a microfiber cloth in your back pocket though

I'd guess that Apple will wait until Canonlake before upgrading the processors - it would be a far more worthwhile speedbump and at least the Skylake drivers are all mature and work properly at this point. In the real world it will make bugger all difference anyhow to anyone outside real power users, who should be using desktops anyhow if they are maxing out their notebook.

Anyhow guess all will be revealed in a few weeks when people start receiving and testing their new Touch bar enabled macs and do some proper comparisons.

Tech Mentor

I've seen a much better demo of the touch bar and it actually looks great... admittedly it wasn't showing anything groundbreaking but the display on the bar is stunning and it's really smooth and fluid, It didn't look gimmicky at all and seemed a well integrated part of the OS... Providing developers make use of this they could be on to a winner. we'll see.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234