URGENT HELP NEEDED: Xone DB4/XoneK2/Traktor..trouble with new macbook, gig in 2 days! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post
    The K2 works just fine with USB and the midi channel is not the same as the DB4. This is on my older system though as USB functionality with OS 10.11 El Capitan is not supported.

But, via X-Link, it now does not work on any system and the DB4 itself also does not work, even though it shows up as a device.
    I am about to do a fresh install of OS10.8 on my older system and see if i can get everything to work as it used to.
    Why not just clone the entire disk from the old working system to the new one ?

Restarting randomly sounds more like a hardware problem (probably ram) than a software one.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Why not just clone the entire disk from the old working system to the new one ?

Restarting randomly sounds more like a hardware problem (probably ram) than a software one.
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

Tech Mentor

Update: re-installing latest drivers and firmware on the DB4 made it work on El Capitan on the new machine. I had Traktor running on a loop and recorded about 3 hours of music and there was no crash or drop out at all.

The K2 also works and yes indeed, it was a bent connector in the X-Link slot. All seems well for now.

Also, A&H released the updated drivers which support Sierra (OS10.12) earlier today! I may upgrade as people on the Traktor forums have been raving about how stable Traktor is with Sierra. Once my gig is over i will try Sierra as well.
    Very relieved that its sorted for now.
    Thanks guys.

ps: A&H severely needs to re-launch a dedicated Xone series forum!

Tech Mentor

Ragverp.....thank you so much for telling me about the bent pin!! I would never have looked in there and would never have understood why the K2 was not working! Respect and thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by nynemusic View Post
    Ragverp.....thank you so much for telling me about the bent pin!! I would never have looked in there and would never have understood why the K2 was not working! Respect and thanks!!
    Your welcome, went thru the same frustration myself...almost send the db4 and k2 in for complete check up...
    Since the rj45 is next to the usb i made the mistake of trying to cram a usb cable inside the rj 45 port, this was before even owning a k2...luckily i thought of this incident when sorting out why the k2 was not working....
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12