What do you think about Gemini MDJ-1000? - Page 10
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I should note, however, that my experience with the MDJs and V-case mucking up my drives does not make me eager at this moment to try it out on my valued flash drive collections and large external hard drives again. I might need to try a smaller, disposable collection just in case something happens to it. I don't use database search or analysis on the Hanpins or on the Pioneers, so I'd put this way down on the list of things to improve. First you need to be able to just load a track quickly and DJ reliably and with low, crisp latency with them and no break ups in the sound on hot cues, skips, Link drop outs, etc.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 01-08-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NiltonOffBeat View Post

A comment from the YouTube video above:

"I'm going to return 3 of them! I've tried USB, Hard Drive, linked, mapping on Traktor. IT'S BAD! They are very very unstable, the software still keeps lots of bugs. The guys of Support are good, and try to help for every problem, but is not enough! I'm still wondering why Gemini introduced this product not in perfect conditions!"

Very good question that nobody from Gemini can answer though.
    Work bad with Traktor huh? They work great on Virtual DJ. Fast loading, sync work prefect, loops and cues on prefect MDJ 1000 ask like pioneers with the use of the computer.

Tech Wizard

Does anybody know how to adjust the beatgrid. I turn beat grid on and noticed that all my songs were not lined up to the beatgrids that's why I can't beatmatch or sync and the songs stay on beat. If I can get that fixed, all the bugs will be gone on my MDJs.

Tech Guru

Open SETTINGS and look for the BEAT OFFSET entry. Turn the beat offset on, and make sure BPM lock is not on, then exit settings. On the track waveform, put the play marker to the beat you want to align to, then hold SHIFT and press CUE. You should see the grid lines shift to the play marker.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Open SETTINGS and look for the BEAT OFFSET entry. Turn the beat offset on, and make sure BPM lock is not on, then exit settings. On the track waveform, put the play marker to the beat you want to align to, then hold SHIFT and press CUE. You should see the grid lines shift to the play marker.

Thank you. Got it, I tried it but can't get all the lines to Line up with the beat. What I'm doing wrong or is the software that bad?

Tech Guru

If the grid is moving to your play marker, but all the beats past that one are off beat, it means your BPM value is incorrect. You can see this in other software as well. It might be worthwhile to cross reference your BPM with another application, or use an alternative mode on the unit - like TAP or MANUAL - and dial it in. I've been using Mixed in Key for years, and have it overwrite the BPM in the tag.

I instantly ignore anything made by Gemini.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    If the grid is moving to your play marker, but all the beats past that one are off beat, it means your BPM value is incorrect. You can see this in other software as well. It might be worthwhile to cross reference your BPM with another application, or use an alternative mode on the unit - like TAP or MANUAL - and dial it in. I've been using Mixed in Key for years, and have it overwrite the BPM in the tag.
    Thanks for the reply, but none of that is working. did the crosschecking with traktor and MixMiester BMP analyzer, I would adjust the beatgrid and the first four beat grids would line up the next eight would be off then the next set would be in line, it was all crazy and if the beat grid is off then everything will be off manual and auto loops, hot cues and sync (those who use it), as well as the slow loading of the songs, even the CDs beat grids were off as well. I Think that was the main problem with mine and some of these other MDJ 1000. I told Gemini support and they believe that's the main problem as well and working on a big firmware update to fix it by the end of this month or beginning of the next.
    Last edited by DjBlend; 01-20-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    I instantly ignore anything made by Gemini.
    I think it's the best thing to do according to what they build these days...
    Say hello to the BugBox-4000 : https://djworx.com/namm-2017-gemini-...ne-controller/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paulymorph; 01-20-2017 at 05:20 PM.

Lol, even looking at the YouTube video comments of their product demo with DDJ Tips is funny asf:

"Ugly asf. Its like a heccin downgrade for the XDJ-RX."
    "This shit is for DJ's who play in abandoned warehouses that are potentially fire hazards waiting to happen"
    "wow. Ugly look. But nice idea"
    "Craig really did a piss poor job of demoing that unit."
    "It looks military grade. Was it designed for use in war zones?"
    "Wow that looks really dated already"
    "it looks so cheap"
    "It looks like a DJ controller from a NASA mission control room. 'almost borderline TV prop from Star Trek ENT."
    "whoever design the look on this unit NEEDS TO FIRED.!!"

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast