What do you think about Gemini MDJ-1000? - Page 15
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

It's common in IT to hire QA engineers and pay them a salary, or are you suggesting companies send pre-release hardware to customers to test them in exchange for keeping the units?
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 03-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    It's common in IT to hire QA engineers and pay them a salary, or are you suggesting companies send pre-release hardware to customers to test them in exchange for keeping the units?
    Who are you talking to?

Tech Convert

Nice answer from Pierre though:

Tech Mentor

v6.4 firmware is out if you've been having issues with search buffering. Crossing fingers for 6.5.

Tech Mentor

MDJ-1000 jog bend does not have the Pioneer CDJ dead zone when rotating slowly. That's good.

MDJ-1000 jog, like the XDJ and Hanpin capacitive touch jog, appears to be higher durability than the mechanical, spring-resistance CDJ jog. This is a trade off. You get higher durability with capacitive touch versus mechanical pressure, but a very different feel.

MDJ-1000 jog needs an adjustment to lower its touch sensitivity. The Hanpins give this option, which I usually put down to minimum and this makes a big difference. The DJ Tech CDJ-101 has a knob and it can be turned down even lower than is useful. Hopefully this can be added to the MDJ options/settings.

The MDJ hopefully can eventually get a track offload function as Rekordbox and Engine have. Obviously that should be lower priority than the other list of things I've previously mentioned.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 04-02-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Tech Mentor

The Windows audio drivers are strange. Every time you change it to another USB port or add a hub or anything at all, it has to completely reinstall all the USB drivers again over Windows Update... four drivers for each unit. And it adds another number. So if I've got three of these things that work, the second time I plug them in, it calls them 4, 5, and 6 and installs another 12 drivers, and so on. I also can't tell if it's the newest firmware or this numbering issue, but I can't get any sound from the units at all over the computer now, as either ASIO or as a simple Windows audio device. Windows says the units are there, and the little volume meter does light up like sound is going in even off YouTube for them, but nothing's coming out of them into the mixer(s). Mixer works fine with them off flash drives and CDs. Restart and changing USB ports makes no difference. So for the time being, not only are they a pain off flash drives, but they're not even doing what they worked quite well at before: MIDI and sound cards. I will let you know if I simply forgot some setting or messed something up, but right now it's all just kind of a mystery.

or you can get 2 Kontrol X1's and move into 2015.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    or you can get 2 Kontrol X1's and move into 2015.
    I don't like all that sync shit. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticuli View Post
    I don't like all that sync shit. No thanks.
    Wow. You sound like a pro. I mean for sure you will look like one. That's what's important.

I've been DJing for 20+ years. I started with vinyl. I would never buy anything that says Gemini on it. Vinyl is cool but it's just limited. Why wouldn't you use something that can add more to your arsenal of weapons? Like loops?

Last edited by loverocket; 04-16-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Wow. You sound like a pro. I mean for sure you will look like one. That's what's important.

I've been DJing for 20+ years. I started with vinyl. I would never buy anything that says Gemini on it. Vinyl is cool but it's just limited. Why wouldn't you use something that can add more to your arsenal of weapons? Like loops?

I'm not a producer. I DJ.