What do you think about Gemini MDJ-1000? - Page 6
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NiltonOffBeat View Post
    So? Has this issue been solved for you?
    No, I need to contact Eric or someone from Gemini support to see if they updating or what. When I do I'll let you guys know.

NiltonOffBeat

Quote Originally Posted by DjBlend View Post
    No, I need to contact Eric or someone from Gemini support to see if they updating or what. When I do I'll let you guys know.
    Yeah let us know, it would be nice!

Tech Guru

There is a new firmware update. Go to http://geminisound.com/product/mdj-1000 and click on the firmware update tab. There will be download links and an explanation video.

Nilton, the cue points were lagging for you because you had the quantize feature turned on. Traktor behaves the same way. I usually turn it off.

NiltonOffBeat

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    There is a new firmware update. Go to http://geminisound.com/product/mdj-1000 and click on the firmware update tab. There will be download links and an explanation video.

Nilton, the cue points were lagging for you because you had the quantize feature turned on. Traktor behaves the same way. I usually turn it off.
    My quantize mode were disabled, and the bugs kept coming from nowere, my USB was in in fact in exFat the first time and it was better after formating it FAT32, but bugs were there and the units weren't stable, they would stop for no particular reason, etc.
    By the way I had the same issues as showed here:

NiltonOffBeat

BTW, those particular units are on the market since 2015, Gemini had more than 1 year to correct those big issues, but Gemini's has started correcting those issues only now, only when some "not lazy" users take time to post relevant proofs of how buggy these units are.
    None of the Gemini team has directly answered me but why the hell Gemini has put on the market these units if they're so glitchy?...
    If someone from Gemini could answer this question that would be very courageous from them.
    Last edited by NiltonOffBeat; 12-02-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Tech Guru

My quantize mode were disabled, and the bugs kept coming from nowere...
    Did you reach out to support? There have been several updates to the firmware in the last year.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been Product Manager for Gemini since this January. I can not speak to anything that took place before I got here. I can tell you that Gemini is investing heavily into the MDJ firmware, and there is an active program in place to find and correct all issues related to that product.

NiltonOffBeat

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    Did you reach out to support? There have been several updates to the firmware in the last year.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been Product Manager for Gemini since this January. I can not speak to anything that took place before I got here. I can tell you that Gemini is investing heavily into the MDJ firmware, and there is an active program in place to find and correct all issues related to that product.
    I've used the latest updates Gemini has been publishing these weeks, nothing helped, but if you have published a new update these last days I can't tell you if it works as I simply returned the units and got refunded now. I don't know what to buy for the moment.

NiltonOffBeat

Did you get any answers BTW?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NiltonOffBeat View Post
    Did you get any answers BTW?
    I talked to Eric. He had told me to go to the website and download the latest firmware version it still says 6.1 on the website but it is 6.2 and most of the bugs are fixed the regular cue is fixed but the hot cues when you tap them they start in a delay and it seems like when the unit warms up or something like that it act normal for a while but the hot cues still needs some work. They also updated Vcase beside the UI having a better look I don't know what else was updated.

NiltonOffBeat

I talked to Eric. He had told me to go to the website and download the latest firmware version it still says 6.1 on the website but it is 6.2 and most of the bugs are fixed the regular cue is fixed but the hot cues when you tap them they start in a delay and it seems like when the unit warms up or something like that it act normal for a while but the hot cues still needs some work. They also updated Vcase beside the UI having a better look I don't know what else was updated.
    Do you know if they plan to correct instant hot cue problems soon? And what about browser lagging? It takes a while to load tracks from a USB flash drive, did they correct this?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast