People are saying so much sh... about Gemini on the web
    I feel like if I buy those MDJ-1000 I'll be mocked
    Absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by NiltonOffBeat View Post
    Yeah well I prefer using USBs
    Well, I'm in DJing since only 1 year, so I'm an amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Well the Gemini's ARE toys in comparison.
    It's pretty sad that Gemini hasn't corrected yet the issues I've been pointing them out. I mean, come on guys you can't put beta stuff into the market...
    Etc etc. Conclusion: don't buy Gemini. This is entry level equipment, it's bad, plastic, slow, glitchy, fragile and none-evolutive. If you buy them you'll be disappointed and you'll sell them back a few months later and then you'll realize that their resell value is absolutely bad, so you'll also loose money in bonus. Think Gemini as a bike and Pioneer as a car. They both can do the job but one has better value, and IS the market standard. We all started with a bike when we were kids, but it's only a start, because a bike... is still a bike...

Tech Wizard

Yeah let us know, it would be nice!
    Eric contacted me yesterday and told me that they're now working on the hot cues issue and will give me a update as soon as the update comes out. I don't know if it'll be the official or a beta.

NiltonOffBeat

Quote Originally Posted by Paulymorph View Post
    Absolutely true.
    Etc etc. Conclusion: don't buy Gemini. This is entry level equipment, it's bad, plastic, slow, glitchy, fragile and none-evolutive. If you buy them you'll be disappointed and you'll sell them back a few months later and then you'll realize that their resell value is absolutely bad, so you'll also loose money in bonus. Think Gemini as a bike and Pioneer as a car. They both can do the job but one has better value, and IS the market standard. We all started with a bike when we were kids, but it's only a start, because a bike... is still a bike...
    Yeah I just wanted to test them out to make sure people are not just hating without any reason, but as I said I've returned them back.

Quote Originally Posted by DjBlend View Post
    Eric contacted me yesterday and told me that they're now working on the hot cues issue and will give me a update as soon as the update comes out. I don't know if it'll be the official or a beta.
    I'm pretty sure they'll never solve those issues, their units are too bad to be optimized as hell, they should've think of it before producing the units.
    But thanks for keeping us know!

Tech Wizard

Yeah I just wanted to test them out to make sure people are not just hating without any reason, but as I said I've returned them back.

I'm pretty sure they'll never solve those issues, their units are too bad to be optimized as hell, they should've think of it before producing the units.
    But thanks for keeping us know!
    All the other issues has been solved so far the only problem is the Hot cues now. Once those are fixed the unit should be up to par far as I know there will be no more problems.

NiltonOffBeat

Quote Originally Posted by DjBlend View Post
    All the other issues has been solved so far the only problem is the Hot cues now. Once those are fixed the unit should be up to par far as I know there will be no more problems.
    What about the slow reading of the USB thumbs? The units takes a while to load USB flash drives that have more than 50 tracks inside... They apparently didn't solve that issue yet.
    Last edited by NiltonOffBeat; 12-07-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Kind of sounds like paying the extra is worth it...
    SC - WS

NiltonOffBeat

Quote Originally Posted by daviedavedave View Post
    Kind of sounds like paying the extra is worth it...
    Yes, absolutely.

Unfortunately Pioneer has monopoly on professional DJ equipment. For the moment there're no other cheaper and by the same way serious alternatives to Pioneer (maybe the next Denon thing?). There are a lot of nice, cheap and very advanced controllers but when it comes to "CDJ-like" media controllers there're no other alternatives than Pioneer if you want professional equipment and if you intend using it for revenue. And it's bad.

Yes, absolutely.

Unfortunately Pioneer has monopoly on professional DJ equipment. For the moment there're no other cheaper and by the same way serious alternatives to Pioneer (maybe the next Denon thing?). There are a lot of nice, cheap and very advanced controllers but when it comes to "CDJ-like" media controllers there're no other alternatives than Pioneer if you want professional equipment and if you intend using it for revenue. And it's bad.
    I said earlier in the topic that the Gemini CDJ 700 were perfect for someone starting off like you, the first thing (along with the CDJ 650) they have done right for a good while, it sounds like the MDJ 1000 were rushed out with all the extra's the CDJ 700 didn't have and didn't really test the unit/firmware correctly?? One step forward for Gemini and then ruin it so its now 5 steps back..! I also think the Reloop RMP 3/4 Alpha units were mentioned earlier as well, these are both another good options, USB, CD & Midi controllers, fantastic for a newbie. What I am trying to say is there are other options, you just have to just do your homework and get out and test them for yourself before parting with your hard earned cash.
    x2 Pioneer CDJ 1000mk3, NI Kontrol Z2, x2 Kontrol D2, Traktor 3, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air 2018

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Willis View Post
    I said earlier in the topic that the Gemini CDJ 700 were perfect for someone starting off like you, the first thing (along with the CDJ 650) they have done right for a good while, it sounds like the MDJ 1000 were rushed out with all the extra's the CDJ 700 didn't have and didn't really test the unit/firmware correctly?? One step forward for Gemini and then ruin it so its now 5 steps back..! I also think the Reloop RMP 3/4 Alpha units were mentioned earlier as well, these are both another good options, USB, CD & Midi controllers, fantastic for a newbie. What I am trying to say is there are other options, you just have to just do your homework and get out and test them for yourself before parting with your hard earned cash.
    100% correct but that's want forum like this are here so new DJs can get a understanding of what good and what's not good so they don't mess around and spent good money on bad equipment.

NiltonOffBeat

You guys are 100% right, and I don't need professional equipment that would cost me a half of my arm as I'm absolutely not a professional, of course there are very good options as you've mentioned it Craig, but what I meant is that, yes there are good options but they're not professional options, the only professional option here is Pioneer when it comes to "CDJ-like" players, because Pioneer has the monopoly on professional DJ equipment, that's I meant.
    But actually the point of that thread was basically to get some feedbacks from old users but now actually it kinda helps people know how bad MDJs are, because Gemini does all their possible to show their units as a good finished product, which is not totally true; and no people complained about their so bad quality, until now.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast