What do you think about Gemini MDJ-1000?
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    NiltonOffBeat

Default What do you think about the Gemini's MDJ-1000?

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask you, did you ever already test or use the Gemini's MDJ-1000?
    What do you think about this deck? And what do you think about Gemini in general?

Because I'm interested by buying 3 of them.

Nilton.
    MDJ-1000 mdj1000 mdj 1000 gemini reviews review test demo.
    Last edited by NiltonOffBeat; 12-09-2016 at 12:36 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Is it better quality unit over Pioneer and Denon? Probably not...
    Would it do the Job? It's designed for DJs and will do just fine

NiltonOffBeat

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Is it better quality unit over Pioneer and Denon? Probably not...
    Would it do the Job? It's designed for DJs and will do just fine

Thanks for your message Stewe!
    Did you already test one of their units?
    Last edited by NiltonOffBeat; 11-07-2016 at 02:15 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NiltonOffBeat View Post
    Thanks for your message Stewe!
    Did you already tested one of their units?
    No, I actually have not tested one of those. But I used to DJ on CDJ-100 and CDJ-200 back in the past and they worked for me just fine I don't see why this guy shouldn't be only better

NiltonOffBeat

People are saying so much sh... about Gemini on the web
    I feel like if I buy those MDJ-1000 I'll be mocked but actually they are the cheaper decks we can find on the market

I have had 2 Gemini Mixers over the years, and to be honest, they've been ok, don't understand the hate for gemini

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

If you dont think you'll be introducing or need rekordbox to transfer your workflow to a pioneer rig in a club then they are probably fine units for playing around with at home.

3 or them costs less than a single XDJ - I doubt quality is top notch, but the gemini mixers only ever had problems with physically wearing out components faster than pro gear, not really failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    I don't see why this guy shouldn't be only better
    It appears he was testing the units.

Three units from two different sources that are part of two different production lots (based on serial numbers). Difficulty linking direct or over a switch. Often says no link. Seems random how it chooses which drive to draw from. Slow to load files and switch files. These are my smallest thumb drives I have that I used to give the units the best chance at high performance in these most simple of tests. Multiple playback glitches and inability to play duplicate whole tracks all the way through without "skipping". All three decks have the same issues. At the beginning of each track I obviously need to align them so the blends are in-phase. A few times when I correct the alignment after the glitches, I'm not quite correct in how I adjust it. Also, the first time it glitches I'm getting some water and one skips out of the blend while I'm away. My apologies. Not sure why the resolution is so low, either. I recorded this in 720p but it appears to have saved in a 15fps multimedia resolution instead. Too lazy to bother redoing this. The sound is what's important anyway. By the way, this is with the latest firmware off the Gemini site.
    Last edited by deevey; 11-01-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Over the last few years I have played on CDJ 650, CDJ 700 both from Gemini. All are very good and well worth the money, as someone above mentioned for home use you cant really go wrong. CD'S/Usb's and the TSI for Traktor all work flawless for me.

Again if you don't need a Rekordbox type system (although for the MDJ 1000 Gemini has an alternative!) then they should be fine.

I have never had a problem with any of the Gemini products i've own or used in the past, the PT2000 turntables are still one of my favs!
    x2 Pioneer CDJ 1000mk3, NI Kontrol Z2, x2 Kontrol D2, Traktor 3, MacBook Pro & MacBook Air 2018

NiltonOffBeat

Yeah Gemini is working on a software called V-Case, the 1.0 version is out but needs improvements.
    Well I feel like I can make it without the Reckordbox technology.

I would really like to hear a feedback from one of the MDJ-1000 users, because I heard that all of their "all-in-one" machines are having skipping issues exactly as showed on the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Willis View Post
    Over the last few years I have played on CDJ 650, CDJ 700 both from Gemini. All are very good and well worth the money
    Did you have any "skipping" or "sound freezing" issues?
    Last edited by NiltonOffBeat; 11-01-2016 at 02:43 PM.

NiltonOffBeat

Recently I've been thinking about buying some used Pioneer's CDJ 1000MK3 instead of those Gemini's ones... What do you think? I'm seriously thinking about it because if I buy three used CDJ 1000MK3 the price will be the same as for 3 MDJ-1000, plus the reliability that Pioneer has. What do you think?

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast