Thoughts on how to modify NI Traktor S4 to play USBs (ie. function standalone)? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you want to keep the original form factor it'll be quite hard, some custom software using the newest RasPi might be your best option.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    If you want to keep the original form factor it'll be quite hard, some custom software using the newest RasPi might be your best option.
    Using Mixx on Linux would be fine for this on the Pi if someone really wanted to go to all the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    That's not going to work, NI does not support Linux and therefore Traktor won't work
    Well as I said I am not IT-Nerd, but the new Raspberry Pi3 exists with Win10 on it...doesn't this abbort the Linux Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    This is way less convenient than a laptop. Youll have to carry a keyboard and mouse, monitor cables, find a way to mount the screen, and its much less powerful than a very cheap i3 laptop.

This is replacing the laptop computer with a much less efficient and suitable computer thats harder to carry around and setup than a laptop.
    Well idk about the Efficiency of the Raspberry as I am not an IT Nerd, but watch this System out:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01...A3HM43P17AWPYB

No Problems with Monitor cables.
    A simple case to Transport it (I have my 15" Laptop in a case too)
    small Keyboards are available in the same size or smaller

And for a Value of less than 200€ I have a portable System for my mobile Gigs...where do you get a cheaper Laptop?
    And the Pi3 is available with WIN10 on it.
    I am not using a 3rd of my DJ-Software Features so maybe on Traktor the Features could be turned off tu use less ressources of the CPU???

Tech Mentor

he new Raspberry Pi3 exists with Win10 on it
    Raspberry PI's can run windows 10 IoT core, good luck installing Traktor on that.

The best option, although quite a challenge is to build a custom os with a linux core and a heavily modified mixxx on top for the playback / mixing engine. You would effectively be creating a similar os /firmware to that of the pioneer XDJRX, with simplified graphic output for the Pi to process.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Not really getting if you are OK with using an external display, I don't assume you are, right?

If you are going through this, it would make more sense to do the build on an s8. Screens already there. Less modification needed.

Ras PI is a good bet if you continue with the S4 project, though. It's just way more work than what I would be willing to go through personally.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12