How To Read Midi Command List?
    Tech Wizard

Default How To Read Midi Command List?

Hello,

I am dealing with mapping my Denon MC6000MK2 in Traktor but i didn't understand how i can read midi command list.

As i understand, every button addressed to ch0x.note.y or ch0x.CC.y (x is reffered to 1-2-3-4, y is reffered to either a number as 001-099 or a note as A1-A#6)

In the midi command list i can see a note section but i am confused about what the other sections stand for.

Is there anybody to explain me these:

Section names and what they are used for? (command-number-value section)
    Subsection names and what they are used for? (Event-Hex-Dec)
    What do the arrows mean in the midi command list?
    How can i read addresses of buttons as ch0x.note.y or ch0x.CC.y properly from the midi command list?
    How does "ch number" (ch01-ch04) differs?
    How do note and CC differs?

You can reach midi command list of Denon Mc6000MK2 from download section of the link below:

http://www.denondj.com/products/view/mc6000mk2

Tech Wizard

That's a lot of Traktor / MIDI details you want to know. You could read the Traktor manual and google the rest, but if you really want to dig into this, I recommend you the book "Traktor 2 Bible" (see https://traktorbible.com/de/traktorbible.aspx) for about 30€ (new) or 20€ (used at Amazon).

Tech Wizard

So this knowledge is not necessary to be known for mapping? I mean if this knowledge is so advanced for basic mapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Implanted Soul View Post
    So this knowledge is not necessary to be known for mapping? I mean if this knowledge is so advanced for basic mapping?
    Nope. Not for Traktor. Traktor's pretty good at making less complicated.

CC means Command Change, has a unique number to every control on the unit, and normally has a range (for knobs/sliders so the software can understand it's state or how far the knob/slider has been moved), Note is a MIDI 'musical' note, where range (in other MIDI compatible progs) can be used for velocity, or for pitch bend, or modulation.

Either can be configured to the controller.

On Denon MC6000Mk2, CH01 is deck 1, CH02 hold the controls for deck 3, when you press the control state button (deck 3) CH03 is Deck 2, and CH04 is for Deck 4.
    The manual is really useful when it comes to returning a MIDI signal for LED mapping.
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 11-16-2016 at 03:37 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

Thank you for you r explanation