Denon MC6000 MK2 Led Mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Denon MC6000 MK2 Led Mapping

Hello,

I am trying to map fx1on,fx2on,fx3on leds with shift modifier on my Denon MC6000MK2 but i couldn't manage to map them properly.

I want fx3on led to blink when i press shift+ fx3on.
    I want fx3on led to go off when i press shift+ fx3on again.
    I want fx2on led to blink and fx3on led to go off when i press shift+ fx2on.
    I want fx2on led to go off when i press shift+ fx2on again.
    I want fx1on led to blink and fx2on led to go off when i press shift+ fx1on.
    I want fx1on led to go off when i press shift+ fx1on again.

But:

When i Press Shift+fx3on all 3 fxon (fx1on,fx2on,fx3on) leds start to blink and when i press Shift+fx3on again all 3 axon led stops blink.
    When i press Shift+fx2on nothing happens
    When i press Shift+fx1on nothing happens but while Shift+fx3on is pressed and all 3 fx leds are blinking pressing Shift+fx1on stops them(off).

I think there is a problem about midi ranges but i couldn't figure it out.

How can i correct them?.
    Last edited by Implanted Soul; 11-17-2016 at 07:54 AM.

What program?
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

traktor pro 2

Ok. When you have the LED's lit up, what function do you want them to have?
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Wizard

Actually i made a mapping in a blank "generic midi" which includes modifiers, fxon buttons and dry-wet encoder. It works fine. I am trying to add some "add out" and when i add them i am having this problem.

Must there be a specific command(unit on, fxuniton etc.) for the button in order to make its led light/blink when "add outs" are added ?

I'll explain what mine does, it might give you ideas.
    LED's stay off, until I press one of them to activate the appropriate effect, then the LED lights up, turns off when I press again. The knob controls the amount of the effect, The Encoder controls the DRY/WET amount of the entire bank.
    When I press Encoder once, FX1 flashes, and I can use the encoder to select the effect, press again, the second LED flashes, and the first one returns to it's previous state, and so on for the third, after the third flashing LED, a 4th press of the encoder returns it to DRY/WET mode.

Your modifiers are incorrect.
    And possibly the CC#'s.

Can you screenshot the section of the mapping, I'm sure one of us can help.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    Ok. When you have the LED's lit up, what function do you want them to have?

i made a fx bank for fxunit2

there is modifier#1 and holding shift sets modifier#1 to 1
    there is modifier#2 and shift+fx3onbutton sets modifier#2 to 2 /shift+fx3onbutton sets modifier#2 to 0
    shift+fx2onbutton sets modifier#2 to 1 / shift+fx2onbutton sets modifier#2 to 0
    shift+fx1onbutton sets modifier#2 to 0

When i press shift+fx3on,
    it selects fxunit 2 as group effect
    it sets all knobs level to 0
    it selects fx1 as reverb and make it on
    it selects fx2 as peak filter and make it on
    it selects fx3 as ice verb and make it on
    dry/wet encoder controls either dry/wet value and all 3 effect knobs with same rate till 100%

When i press fx3on (while shift+fx3on is still on),
    it selects fxunit4 as single effect as delay and makes it on
    it selects parameter1 on fx unit4 as 0.6 and off
    it selects parameter2 on fx unit4 as 0.5 and on
    it selects parameter3 on fx unit4 as 0.9 and off

When i press fx2on (while shift+fx3on is still on),
    it selects parameter3 on fx unit4 as 0.5 and off

When i press fx1on (while shift+fx3on is still on),
    it selects parameter3 on fx unit4 as 0.25 and off

When i press shift+fx2on,

it selects parameter3 on fx unit4 as 0.5 and off
    dry/wet encoder controls only fx unit 4's dry/wet value

When i press shift+fx1on,

it selects fxunit2 as group effect (all back to normal)
    it sets all knobs level to 0
    it selects fx1 as reverb and make it off
    it selects fx2 as peak filter make it off
    it selects fx3 as ice verb make it off
    Last edited by Implanted Soul; 11-17-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    I'll explain what mine does, it might give you ideas.
    LED's stay off, until I press one of them to activate the appropriate effect, then the LED lights up, turns off when I press again. The knob controls the amount of the effect, The Encoder controls the DRY/WET amount of the entire bank.
    When I press Encoder once, FX1 flashes, and I can use the encoder to select the effect, press again, the second LED flashes, and the first one returns to it's previous state, and so on for the third, after the third flashing LED, a 4th press of the encoder returns it to DRY/WET mode.

Your modifiers are incorrect.
    And possibly the CC#'s.

Can you screenshot the section of the mapping, I'm sure one of us can help.
    I am really new to this mapping thing and the mapping i am working on is too complicated for a newbie i guess. but it is really long one and i can't ss it i may upload it at best.

Tech Wizard

i used modifier#1 and modifier#2 in the mapping i am working on but when i finished it i want to add them to denon' official mapping for mc6000mk2. and i am aware of that in the original mapping there is modifier#2 already. so i will change modifier#2 to modifier#8 or something(which original mapping doesn't have) but first i need to manage these blinking leds in order to understand which fx mode i am using at the moment.

I have one more question:
    Is there a way to copy & paste the mapping which i work in a blank "generic midi"" into Denon's original mapping?
    Or do i have to add in them one by one into denon's original mapping?

You can add stuff to the mapping alright, but it's gonna be tricky. You can have 2 mappings running simultaneously by importing a second map, just make sure the MIDI in (for control) and MIDI out (for LED feedback) are set to DENON Controller on all imported maps for the controller, (any issues, set this to ALL),

To (copy paste), EXPORT the mapping that you want to copy, (by using menu at the top of the controller config) give it a name different to what it already is and it's good to make a backup. You can IMPORT it, from top menu again and remove what you don't want/need. This will have 2 mapping configs running at the same time, but trying to use both without changing the duplicate mapping will make the control a mess.
    The other important part is to make sure that the commands you want to create, don't clash with others, traktor will run both commands if one button is assigned to 2 operations. This can have an undesired effect (control being a mess with duplicate map play/pause for example, it'll try to play AND pause at the same time, and likely won't play or won't pause)
    What I'd suggest is to leave the Denon Mapping alone, kill the commands for FX in the main Denon map (by clearing the CC of the FX commands) and create a new Generic MIDI blank map. Use it JUST for your FX banks. It'll make it easier to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Implanted Soul View Post
    I am really new to this mapping thing and the mapping i am working on is too complicated for a newbie i guess. but it is really long one and i can't ss it i may upload it at best.
    Hey, ya gotta start somewhere, it seems that you may be making it much more complicated than it needs to be.

You want to turn on the FX by pressing the FX button, and turn it off again by holding shift and FX, is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Implanted Soul View Post
    Actually i made a mapping in a blank "generic midi" which includes modifiers, fxon buttons and dry-wet encoder. It works fine. I am trying to add some "add out" and when i add them i am having this problem.

Must there be a specific command(unit on, fx unit on etc.) for the button in order to make its led light/blink when "add outs" are added ?
    Yes, the CH01 / CC74 with midi Range 0(min), 93(max) for example, will turn FX button one on when the button is pressed, CC75 is the LED off and 76 is LED flashing. Add a toggle command in there too.
    This can also be edited to have an LED on full time (CC74) (range 93-0) changing to Flash (CC76) (range 0-93) when button is pressed. Try it out, play around.
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 11-18-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast