Ableton MIDI Out Routing help
    Tech Convert

Default Ableton MIDI Out Routing help

Hey guys and gals, I have a bit of a doozy ( at least I think it is )

So, first things first, I have a Martin Freekie DMX controller, Ableton Live 9 Suite, an M-Audio USB to Midi adapter, Lemur on iPad and a bunch of midi controllersd, some DMX lights, and a headache.

So on the Martin Freekie DMX controller ( which is pretty old ) I need to make preset shows within the controller. No big deal. But, the controller has a MIDI In and Out port to be controlled by another MIDI device, generally a keyboard or APC or whatever.

I want to control it with Ableton. If I can find what midi note controls each show i can assign that midi note to a clip in Live view, and launch the clip using Lemur on my iPad, or another controller of some variety.

Now this is theory. I do NOT want to buy an external VST for this ( like DMXIS ) because all I am doing at this point is sending midi to launch clips to trigger shows.

I need help trying to route it all and figure out the midi notes. So, I have the USB adapter plugged in, it is recognized by Ableton, and in the Midi/Sync preferences, I have the USB interface input set to Track: On and Remote: Off as well as Sync: Off. It's output I have routed and Track: On, and everything else off.

I have also tried setting midi to on the clip panel itself to the USB adapter to no avail. The signal doesn't seem to want to transfer to the DMX controller and trigger the shows.

Please help!

Live has a couple of MIDI Devices that might be able to help. I think you'd get more help over at Ableton.com on this issue, mate.

Also, it sounds like you want to enable Remote (and probably sync to) in the Midi OUT prefs.

I don't know too much about DMX (except that y'all made him lose his mind up in here), but are you certain that DMX shows/sequences can be triggered by midi?

I know this will help:

http://www.martin.com/Martin.Downloa...eekie_EN_D.pdf
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

I know it can be done, the Freekie supports MIDI input and output from a midi keyboard to trigger scenes. My thought process was if I could send the same midi notes the freekie through Ableton, I could duplicate the results and control each clip in the session view with Lemur on an iPad. Sort of a poor mans DMXIS.

But I'm not sure if the MIDI Uno Adapter works that way since it goes USB in to my laptop