Xone 43C sound issue
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone 43C sound issue

Hy. I own a xone 43C, for about three months. First i use it at home with some yamaha 50S monitors, with the built in sound card , with traktor. Now i move it to the conutry house where i want to use it (still) with traktor , but here i have FBT 12RA. My issue is the next one: Usb cable from the mixer to the laptop, send and return with remix 500, XLR cables to the FBT. When i play the music i hear sound when the channel fader is up but the master volume is at zero. Excuse my english, i am not native. Tks in advance for help.

Tech Wizard

hy again. I also bought a xone 23c and it does the same. Anyone ? Thoughts?

Tech Mentor

How powerful are the amps / how loud is the music when the master is not at 0?

These are analogue mixers and the master volume simply attenuates the master bus volume (it's about -90db) if the sound your hearing is quiet compared to when the master is at one, I suspect this is normal behaviour, and the master is putting out a weak signal which the amps are amplifying to audible levels. I expect you hear some sort of hiss / noise / fuzz as well as music?
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Tech Wizard

The amps are 150+50w . When the master is at zero, i hear music , just music , nothing else. But when i turn the master at one, the sound doesn't go up gradually , kind of jump a litlle more than is suppossed. I also have a db4 and is not acting like those (43c and 23C). excuse my english

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by karamel View Post
    The amps are 150+50w . When the master is at zero, i hear music , just music , nothing else. But when i turn the master at one, the sound doesn't go up gradually , kind of jump a litlle more than is suppossed. I also have a db4 and is not acting like those (43c and 23C). excuse my english
    allen & heath support will know if thats whats supposed to happen.

To me that sounds like standard behaviour for an analogue mixer and shouldn't make any difference in normal use.

If your not using the speakers but mixing in headphones turn the amps / speakers off.
    In a gig if you want to kill sound, use the channel faders.

You would not normally be expected to have sound on the master mix bus and not want it coming out the speakers.

The DB4 being digital will work slightly differently.

Tech Wizard

Ok, i understood. I never mix in my headphones . I use sync. I never gig , it's just a hobby. I never had analog mixers , i just had digital mixers, many of them pioneer. Maybe thats whats supposed to act like.Tks for helping me understood a little bit of whats happening. Respect

Tech Mentor

I would recommend the following setup procedure:
    - Turn down the amps / speakers to minimum
    - get music playing though one mixer channel at sensible level on the VU meters
    - channel fader up
    - set master to about 7 (some adjustment both up and down but pushing out a healthy volume from the mixer)
    - turn the amps up slowly until you are happy with the volume.

Then uses 7 as your default master volume level.

For technical reason you should avoid having the master at 2 and the amps / speakers near full volume.

Tech Wizard

ok, tks for all the help Rob. I will try next week-end when i reach at my country house. Respect