Sonarworks Reference 3 plugin

Question Sonarworks Reference 3 plugin

Has anybody played around with this? Looks to be a plugin that helps 'calibrate' output and resolve room/headphone issues.. supposedly resulting in more neutral monitoring.

If this actually works it has to be worth the money, surely?
    SC - WS

It's actually pretty damn cool. They do recommend a specific mic, or you can get the mic with the purchase, but I just used a general purpose mic. You then record a sin wave or something at about 25 different locations in your room. I don't use the room option much anymore as I've added more sound treatment since and I think I have my room pretty well covered at this point. That, and I always forgot to turn it off when bouncing mixes.

The headphones functionality I do still use. I think it hypes the bass a bit on my DT-880's, but I also didn't send in my particular headphones for measurements. A nice thing is that you can modify the EQ curves.

I don't use the speaker emulations - not much of a fan and have no idea if they indeed do emulate the models of speakers well or not.

I know it's pretty highly regarded on gearslutz.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Interesting, thanks mate. I'm unlikely to be able to properly treat the 'studio' acoustically because it's not just my room (sadly). Sounds like this will help..
    SC - WS