Twisted Gratification - New TSI with proposed changes for next update!
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Default Twisted Gratification - New TSI with proposed changes for next update!

Hi All,

In this thread you can download custom edit of Twisted Gratification mapping. We wanted to give you guys opportunity to try it out now and see how you might like it before the official release. Note that this mapping is still under construction so if you have a good idea that would suit this mapping well and make better product this thread is good place to share you thoughts.

Here are notes on changes in the mapping:

I also made a quick walk trough video to demonstrate which encoders have a new function built in and which encoder remain their original functionality. All effects and their parameter values are basically the same, all we did was change the button action of all encoders marked with red Chroma Caps while all remaining black knobs are exactly a same as in the original mapping. Check the vid for more details.

DOWNLOAD: Twisted_Gratification_0.1.3_beta.zip

Before Installation: It is always good idea to backup your settings and mappings first in case you want to use them again because in step #3 you will overwrite all existing mappings in the Device section of the Controller Manager.

1. Download and unzip the file. Inside there will be the folder with MFS (midifighter settings) and TSI (traktor settings).

2. Import provided MFS file in to the Midifighter Utility software and click "SEND" to apply new settings to your Midifighter. Then close the Utility.

3. Open Traktor and navigate to the Preferences (gear icon). Use Big Import button which is located at the bottom Left side of the preferences window and import provided TSI file. In next window make sure that only 'controller mappings" and "effect settings" boxes are checked. Then click OK.

4. Repeat step #3 one more time to successfully import effect settings. (Traktor have this old bug)

5. In Preferences. Click on the Controller Manager and assign MIDI In-Port and Out-Port with your controller. This is final and most important step so please always double check this ports. Be sure to have "Midifighter Twister" set in both ports, otherwise Traktor won't send or receive signals via MIDI.

Best Regards,

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe,

I know it's a while since you posted this update but I can only get this mapping to work properly on its own with no other mappings inside Traktor.

With all the mappings I need for my setup loaded when I press any of the twister buttons to engage the fx there's split second where it kills all the sound before engaging & works for that sound fx, press it again to disengage it does the same & the same for all the fx apart from the fx kill in the bottom left hand corner.

I had a similar problem with the first twisted grat mapping which another member had made a modified mapping & it worked from there - HERE

Any ideas?

The newer twister mapping is really nice with the tails to most of the fx but this is bugging me now, any help appreciated.

My setup mappings

2 x D2s - No modifications
    2 x X1s - Standard apart from LED feedback VU metre mapping for all 4 decks
    1 x MF3D with your updated Twisted 3D mapping to work along side the twister found HERE
    DNX-1600 mapping that gives fader, monitor & rotary feedback for top, mid & bass to all channels inside Traktor
    1 x F1 with NI's sequencer mapping deck D

Thanks
    Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by philgee View Post
    Hi Stewe,

I know it's a while since you posted this update but I can only get this mapping to work properly on its own with no other mappings inside Traktor.

With all the mappings I need for my setup loaded when I press any of the twister buttons to engage the fx there's split second where it kills all the sound before engaging & works for that sound fx, press it again to disengage it does the same & the same for all the fx apart from the fx kill in the bottom left hand corner.

I had a similar problem with the first twisted grat mapping which another member had made a modified mapping & it worked from there - HERE

Any ideas?

The newer twister mapping is really nice with the tails to most of the fx but this is bugging me now, any help appreciated.

My setup mappings

2 x D2s - No modifications
    2 x X1s - Standard apart from LED feedback VU metre mapping for all 4 decks
    1 x MF3D with your updated Twisted 3D mapping to work along side the twister found HERE
    DNX-1600 mapping that gives fader, monitor & rotary feedback for top, mid & bass to all channels inside Traktor
    1 x F1 with NI's sequencer mapping deck D

Thanks
    Phil.
    Hey Phil, thank you for your feedback.

To start with. The original Twisted Grat and the updated Twisted Grat from this thread are two different setups. Original uses the "Send Monitor State" command to keep all LED Rings in sync with the modifiers (which was problematic to very few users who were on Win/PC platforms) however, this updated mapping uses "ENC" setting instead of "CC" setting for the encoders which work just fine on the LED Ring end even without the "Send Monitor State". That's the reason I posted this mapping in the first place - to help others who's PC's are showing conflicts with monitor state signal.

The modified map you mention is exactly the same as the original one minus the "Send Monitor State" so if that one worked for you in the past than there is no reason for this update to cause any problems really.

Basically if this mapping works great on it own and you have problems with it only when you add more mappings to the Device Menu than you are experiencing stability issues with your machine or Traktor itself.

Tech Convert

Hi Stewe, thanks for your reply.

Ok so this morning I've tested all of the 4 mappings separately with some strange results.

Map 1 (top row) works fine on its own

Map 2 (2nd row) all the rotary knobs have the glitch when pressed.

Map 3 (3rd row) the first 3 rotary's work, the last one on the right as the glitch

Map 4 (4th row) all working fine

Maps 1, 3, & 4 all work together apart from the 1 button on row 3 (map 3) has soon as you add map 2 everything as the glitch apart from the kill Knob on row 4 (last rotary on right)

The most stable I can get it is by switching map 2 off inside Traktor settings which is better than nothing I suppose!

Unless you've got any other ideas that's what it is for the time being.

Thanks
    Phil
    Last edited by philgee; 06-25-2017 at 05:53 AM.

1. Check your latency.
    2. Try this map on some other computer to see if it works differently. If it does then
    3. Refresh your TraktorSettings.tsi file located at Documents/NI/Traktor (just delete it and then open Traktor the new settings will be automatically generated). If that doesn't help then reinstall Traktor. Alternatively try out a different versions of Traktor.
    4. Reinstall OS.

I recently had a mapping request from a guy who uses some badass predator laptop who had the same kind of audio drops with some other mapping of mine and it turned out that he just missed some of optimization tips that you can find on the Internet.

Hopefully you will be able solve it. Windows machines can be difficult to troubleshoot sometimes. I wish you luck!