Twister input no longer recognised by Traktor

Default Twister input no longer recognised by Traktor

I have Traktor 2.11 Pro and the current version of the MFT firmware. The Twister picks up Traktor ouput, but Traktor doesn't register the input. I know that the MFT is sending signals because MIDI-OX picks it up. Has anyone else encountered this?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Good to know that other apps can pick signals from the Twister! Check your MIDI In-Port in the upper right corner of the controller manager and pick a Twister in a drop-down menu. Be sure not to use 'none' or 'all ports' as setting on those.

Yep, that was the first thing I checked. I've tried both selecting the Twister and using 'all ports'. Traktor still doesn't pick up any signals from the Twister. I've reset the Twister from the utility and I've tried multiple USB ports and cables as well as connecting directly and through a USB hub. So far no luck.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

You are using a PC right? Is there a problem if you open only Traktor and shut down utility and any other MIDI related software?
    Window have this limitation when it comes to sharing the MIDI Port between applications so if you have had some other MIDI app (such as MIDI-OX or MF Utility) opened before you open Traktor then the port would already be busy and Traktor wouldn't be able to access it at all.

Sorry, been crazy busy.

Yes, I always have only one MIDI-related app open at a time. My Xone is working fine with Traktor and if I close Traktor and open MIDI-OX it picks up the Twister with no problem. Close MIDI-OX and open Traktor and no signals are being received by Traktor from the Twister. The Xone still works. Restarting the machine and opening only Traktor doesn't fix the problem either.