PSA RE: Artist Union

Default PSA RE: Artist Union

I am assuming some of you have knowledge of this outfit. But I have discovered that they are not a legitimate enterprise, preying on people who they charge 39.00 per single track to submit for "consideration." I thought this is either a scam or goldmine. One track won't hurt me $ and if they are a scam, which I almost knew because in there contract language, or in this case the statements made prior to payment are without specific time periods with which to expect a response. In legal terms bullshit. When a contract is vague or non-specific the drafter bears the burden of his ambiguity by the court saying the other guy gets it his way or the way a reasonable person would. Now its been almost 14 days. For 39.00 a less than 7 minute track something tells me that these not very dj like; one poses with headphones and a controller. The others in there social media feeds are hanging out in exotic places partying, not djing. Not running events, promoting them or the site really at all. It is so brazen. They have HQ in San Fransisco. I choose you b/c you aren't there; and I have no clue how far these guys got pals. But I do know that part of the deal is they have some rights to your music while it is there. I have pulled all of my mixes and sent a letter terminating in writing all components on the basis of the contract null status, disputed with the bank and stated the reasons and intuition to file for breach if necessary. You ask yourself who sues over 39? That is the calculated bet these Silicon Valley parasites made. I have posted in a National but small FB Jungle group and I intend to tread lightly, but do you know anything about them or three company members. That's three. It would be months before I heard from them, and no would be the response. https://twitter.com/justinkan 2 https://twitter.com/jamesfzhang 3 https://twitter.com/ranidu https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureau...mer-protection

I see these kinda of services being used more and more especially in the Drum N Bass scene. I don't understand why. It is footwork we can all put in ourselves for free. The extra 8 clicks and loading times don't encourage me to return to your page to check out your music, it encourages me to find your music directly either after it is released or on DNB Share.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Thanks!

AU

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 11:16 AM, The Artist Union <info@theartistunion.com> wrote:
    Hi Samuel,

Looks like we made an error. You submitted on 11/16.

https://soundcloud.com/locustsamuelm...-durban-poison

Hot Nigga Bobby Shmurda X Durban Poison
    soundcloud.com
    Download for free on The Artist Union

Due to the major demand for our promo service, we take at least 1 week to respond with feedback or promote. We will refund your payment now.
    Thanks!

Au AnR

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 11:04 AM, The Artist Union <info@theartistunion.com> wrote:
    Hello Samuel,

Which track did you submit? and was it on AU website or through paypal? We do not see your mail address in our records so we may have missed the submission.

Thanks!

AU

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Samuel <locust215@hotmail.com> wrote:

Samuel S. Meeker
    locust215@hotmail.com

On Nov 15, 2016, at 10:43 PM, locust215@hotmail.com wrote:

To whom this may concern,

As I had very little doubt that a risk was being taken paying 40 dollars for a mere promise of feedback was dubious at best and the talent seemingly low. So to my surprise you gus actually never wrote or called did anything other than put my tracks on al list. The agreement we had specified no time period in which you, The Artist Union has to complete the feedback, and thus your agreement is not valid for anyone. I suggest you refund my money and delete my material sign a release of all rights you may have acquired or my attorney. Will be contacting you with an injunction and begin the process of a class-action. I have removed my links and I expect a check or I will make it plan you guys are lowlifes to everyone I know.
    Samuel S. Meeker
    locust215@hotmail.com

They did that quick considering I suggest anyone who has paid to contact me and I have a lawyer who may be able to get a settlement or sue. Them refunding means that they are knowingly screwing people and only playing the odds.

And I had absolute skepticism, for me I wasn't buying followers, it was the mash promotion. As i knew what i had done was totally uncharted waters. SO i looked and nobody had anything as strong. This reversal means I am right. We need to help bering people around on this one.

I use AU for my gates and they're fine. I'd never pay them the $39 for possible promo, that's literally just meant to sucker kids in.

Yes and I knew that, as I reviewed the language that they use for the contract; and based on the probability that they would nor be able to give feedback quickly I could prove them to be unscrupulous. They claim to attract 5X as many followers, How? Bots and other duplicitous and dishonorable means. And they retain some control of your work while it is up, so if you produce that could become a major issue. I am glad you had a decent experience. I was more interested in proving that these are nothing more than calculated bets
    based on probability.

They claim to have lost my email? They have no discographies to speak of, they don't use real or complete names and to boot they project this aura pf connectedness. Then why are they in the Caribbean all the time?

I just on principle feel that had I not written a threatening letter, filed a federal consumer complaint and reported them for scamming using their twitter they would not have blinked. I wouldn't want a follower who did so because he was paid or didnt exist, those are symptoms of fame addiction and our societies chief ailment. I knew that they had a 50/50 chance of bing legit, but you seem certain and that to me is shocking. I will now dedicate myself to hindering them at every turn and seeing them made paupers.

Attachment 27420
    The oddly refunded m.y money the night before. With effusive apologies. Which in light of their unambiguous denial of any such dispensations strikes me as the words of a guilty man under advice of counsel. Case closed