Mixer upgrade - Help needed

Default Mixer upgrade - Help needed

Hi new to the site, currently using a setup of 2x CDJ1000 mk3s and a DJM500 (beginner) and my mixer is on its way out and im also looking to upgrade so i have a few quiestions. Burning cds is a pain in the ass and i know i could get the CDJ900s for a not so hefty price and that was originally the plan but with the mixer going is there any mixer i could get thats easy to hook up to a laptop/macbook? If so what ones and what software would i need?
    Might sound pretty dumb but im a bit clueless when its comes to the software side of this stuff, Thanks

Tech Mentor

Serato: https://serato.com/dj/hardware
    or Rekordbox https://rekordbox.com/en/products/re...j/function.php
    are probably your best bets, they both support hardware for a variety of budgets.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Default Re

So just get the software and it should run off my mixer if I get it repaired? Or would you reccomend getting a newer one?

get rid of the beringer and never look back. pioneer, rane, allen and heath, or native instraments

Tech Mentor

The 2 links i posted show all the official supported hardware for Serato and Rekorbox, which are probably the most suitable for you.
    Do your research, pick a software, then get hardware that works with the software you've chosen. If your upgrading your whole setup and looking at using software then a controller will provide better value for money.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

I'd recommend something from native instruments or a&h that is compatable with traktor. You should be looking for a mixer with a built-in audio interface.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Check out NI Kontrol Z2.

Default Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by vincearnone View Post
    I'd recommend something from native instruments or a&h that is compatable with traktor. You should be looking for a mixer with a built-in audio interface.
    Hey dude I use traktor and I love it I have ddj ergo v and I would say I have pretty much mastered it , in looking to upgrade also but like this guy said closest thing to the cdj nexus 2000 but obviously I don't have a load of cash to spend aha.
    Was looking for something as similar as possible for practice but can still plug my laptop in for traktor ...
    Thanks for your time and sorry to bother you
    Corie

Tech Mentor

I have an A&H DB4, and it is brilliant with Traktor. Have it all MIDI mapped up, so can do a whole mix using only the mixer really. I did a video here:

Ok, there was a couple STEMS tracks thrown in there.

If you don't have the budget for that mixer though, then the DB2 is also epic. Not sure if it'll MIDI map as well though, if at all, admittedly. But you can simply rename the soundcard and use it with TSP...
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016