Mapping the Touch Strip on The X1 MK2
    Tech Student

Default Mapping the Touch Strip on The X1 MK2

Hello

I am trying to map the touch strip on the X1. Am I missing something or is it very limited in mapping options.

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamus View Post
    Hello

I am trying to map the touch strip on the X1. Am I missing something or is it very limited in mapping options.

Thanks
    Hi, what exactly are you trying to map to the touch strip? And.

Which software?

Tech Student

Hi Working in Traktor 2.11 working in native HID mode. I have been translating Ean Goldings Beat Grid Mapping over to the X1 Mk2. So wanting to transfer the jog wheel commands to the touch strip. Such as scrubbing zoom ect. I am finding it tricky using the touch strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi, what exactly are you trying to map to the touch strip? And.

Which software?

From what I can tell, it is limited as hell. I still havent found a way, in Traktor, to map the touch strips to perform exactly how they do in HID. I just want to map each of my two x1 mk2's to act as single deck controllers.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamus View Post
    Hi Working in Traktor 2.11 working in native HID mode. I have been translating Ean Goldings Beat Grid Mapping over to the X1 Mk2. So wanting to transfer the jog wheel commands to the touch strip. Such as scrubbing zoom ect. I am finding it tricky using the touch strip.
    The touch strip on X1 is basically a fader that sends an absolute message (0-127) which should work nicely as "Zoom" and "Seek Position" features. However it appears useless in HID mode.

Although if you switch your X1 in MIDI mode (Shift + left arrow + right arrow) you can make some use of it.

Tech Student

Thanks everyone. Thats all helpful. either I redo the whole mapping in Midi Mode. Or live with the limited potential HID mode.