Is Numark NVII sound quality as bad? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by rob2192 View Post
    Dynamic range and resolution (more possible levels for each sample) which are probably beyond what the human ear can detect in most conditions. Bit depth in audio translates better to bit depth / number of colours in photography, there is a limit to what the ear / eye can detect.

Sample rate is more similar to pixel count.

Sticking with the camera analogy: a camera more pixels and more bits per pixels (colours) gives more detail in the image. However can you tell the difference especially on an HD screen which can't even display all those pixels.

Whats the point in having 24 bit audio files and converters if the speakers and room and the listeners ear don't allow the difference to be noticed. Most audio setups are akin to an HD screen, they are unable to truly reproduce the original material, but give a good enough version.

Remember CD audio is 44.1kHz 16 bit audio, mp3 files are lossy compressed so of lesser quality than CD.

24 bit can have advantages for recording, but few if any for playback. Until recently you couldn't even buy 24bit music.

To tell the difference between 16 and 24 bit you would need an incredible sound system playing loud enough to block out any background noise.
    so you mean, people won't notice worse sound quality in a gig if I use a NVII or an RX?

Tech Mentor

I personally have not done an A/B test so I cannot say either way for certain.

When it comes to sound quality it generally depends where you play, in top club with a crazy good sound system maybe, in a bar with loads of small speakers pointing in all directions, amps cranked up to squeeze out every bit of volume and the hum of chitter chatter, I highly doubt it.

Like i said if your files are 16 bit (or MP3) then you can't magically add whats not there so 16 bit converters will be able to reproduce whats in the source file.
    Which sounds better will depend on numerous other factors you won't find on a spec sheet.

To put your mind at easy, go to a store and test them for yourself before parting with your cash.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Quote Originally Posted by rob2192 View Post
    I personally have not done an A/B test so I cannot say either way for certain.

When it comes to sound quality it generally depends where you play, in top club with a crazy good sound system maybe, in a bar with loads of small speakers pointing in all directions, amps cranked up to squeeze out every bit of volume and the hum of chitter chatter, I highly doubt it.

Like i said if your files are 16 bit (or MP3) then you can't magically add whats not there so 16 bit converters will be able to reproduce whats in the source file.
    Which sounds better will depend on numerous other factors you won't find on a spec sheet.

To put your mind at easy, go to a store and test them for yourself before parting with your cash.
    ok thanks for the reply! You're right, i mostly use 320kbps MP3, maybe some Wav's but very small amount. I think that's what I'll, and also test the small jogs and pads if they are comfortable enought for my hands hahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12