Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traktor

Default Traktor

I recently bought powered rokit 8 speakers and have plugged them into the main output of my traktor s4 mk2 ... My problem is I can't play my technic 1200's on channel 3&4 on live input as I did wit my old non powered speakers into a hifi... Plus I seem to be playing on the non preferred set up of ( wasapi ( shared mode )

Change your sound card/audio interface to S4 in Traktors preferences.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Default Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    It prompts me to do this when I turn on everytime but I can't use it as there is an issue with something with an Asio maybe on my computer... just trying to pinpoint it on here as i don't have to much time to myself with two wee lads running under my feet x

Default Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    It prompts me to use this but if I do it has bad distortion ...

Tech Mentor

Check two things: you have the correct s4 audio drivers installed (asio) and your cables are connected up correctly, use either jack outputs on the s4 to jack (or xlr) inputs on the rokets or rca outputs on the s4 to rca inputs on the rokets.

You can get the driver here: https://www.native-instruments.com/e...s-other-files/
    It mentions an audio distortion bug fix, so you might have an outdated driver.
    Last edited by rob2192; 11-27-2016 at 11:23 AM.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

After checking that those things are correct, try uping your latency settings and see if the "distortion" goes away.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Default Traktor

Thanks .... Extra things I forgot to add... the audio speaker icon on top of the screen is orange and the volume levels next to it are into the red with heavy distortion . My two jacks ( XLR ) from my rokit 8 powered speakers are into my ( main input ) on the s4...
    There is actually no sound through my headphones .... It is showing I have updated the drivers... that driver you mentioned with the distortion bug fixer is a 2014 one ... does that matter... Thanks again for your time 👍🏽

Tech Mentor

t is showing I have updated the drivers... that driver you mentioned with the distortion bug fixer is a 2014 one
    Those should be the most up to date drivers, the s4 mk2 ones are from late 2015.

My two jacks ( XLR ) from my rokit 8 powered speakers are into my ( main input ) on the s4...
    I presume thats in reverse and the main outputs on the s4 go to the XLR input's on the rokit (think about the direction the signal travels).

Could you let me know what your main output volume is set to (o'clock position)

audio speaker icon on top of the screen is orange and the volume levels next to it are into the red with heavy distortion
    What is the load meter showing?

Could you post screenshots of the main interface, Audio setup preferences and output routing preferences.

This might provide a quick fix for anything wrong with your preferences:
    As a reset for the traktor settings go into the settings menu and click setup wizard in the bottom left, then follow through the options.
    Last edited by rob2192; 11-28-2016 at 04:22 PM.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Quote Originally Posted by rob2192 View Post
    Could you post screenshots of the main interface, Audio setup preferences and output routing preferences.
    This is THE no.1 rule when answering noob questions/troubleshooting.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Default Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by rob2192 View Post
    Those should be the most up to date drivers, the s4 mk2 ones are from late 2015.
    Ok 👌🏾

I presume thats in reverse and the main outputs on the s4 go to the XLR input's on the rokit (think about the direction the signal travels).
    Yes 👍🏽
    Could you let me know what your main output volume is set to (o'clock position)

1️⃣2️⃣ o'clock

What is the load meter showing?
    It just sits in the red
    Could you post screenshots of the main interface, Audio setup preferences and output routing preferences
    This might provide a quick fix for anything wrong with your preferences:
    As a reset for the traktor settings go into the settings menu and click setup wizard in the bottom left, then follow through the options.
    I'm having trouble finding how to send you the pictures on here I do apologise for being a tad dim ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast