Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traktor

Tech Mentor

theres an insert image button in the reply toolbar. If you hover over the icons a tooltip will appear telling you what they do.

You'll need to make sure the images are in the right format I know .jpg or .png work.

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by rob2192; 11-29-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Default Traktor

Quote Originally Posted by rob2192 View Post
    Those should be the most up to date drivers, the s4 mk2 ones are from late 2015.

I presume thats in reverse and the main outputs on the s4 go to the XLR input's on the rokit (think about the direction the signal travels).

Could you let me know what your main output volume is set to (o'clock position)

What is the load meter showing?

Could you post screenshots of the main interface, Audio setup preferences and output routing preferences.

This might provide a quick fix for anything wrong with your preferences:
    As a reset for the traktor settings go into the settings menu and click setup wizard in the bottom left, then follow through the options.
    IMG_8516.jpgIMG_8519.jpgIMG_8520.jpg

Default Traktor

Those should be the most up to date drivers, the s4 mk2 ones are from late 2015.

I presume thats in reverse and the main outputs on the s4 go to the XLR input's on the rokit (think about the direction the signal travels).

Could you let me know what your main output volume is set to (o'clock position)

What is the load meter showing?

Could you post screenshots of the main interface, Audio setup preferences and output routing preferences.

This might provide a quick fix for anything wrong with your preferences:
    As a reset for the traktor settings go into the settings menu and click setup wizard in the bottom left, then follow through the options.
    IMG_8516.jpgIMG_8519.jpgIMG_8520.jpgIMG_8524.jpgIMG_8525.jpgIMG_8526.jpg

Sorry about the delay i was trying to do this off my iphone ....Is this enough picture info ?

Tech Mentor

Yeah they are just whats needed.

I see two problems straight away:

Your latency is set to the minimum (32 samples) this is putting a strain on you system. What you thought was a volume meter is actually CPU load (your basically running your machine flat out) turning the latency setting up until the load meter drops nice and low will fix this. You never want to see the load go red, the lower 50% is ideal.

Your output routing is set to external which is for connecting external mixers, you need internal for the s4. Then setup the master and monitor (phones) routings to the right outputs on the s4.

Also make sure your laptop does not have low battery, this will give a spike in the load on the cpu as it goes into power saving mode.

A final thing, there are settings to adjust whats displayed (can't remember exactly where off the top of my head) so you could hide the gain, key and filter controls if you don't need them on screen, depends what you want, I just know lots of people don't know you can hide stuff.
    Last edited by rob2192; 11-30-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Yeah they are just whats needed.

I see two problems straight away:

Your latency is set to the minimum (32 samples) this is putting a strain on you system. What you thought was a volume meter is actually CPU load (your basically running your machine flat out) turning the latency setting up until the load meter drops nice and low will fix this. You never want to see the load go red, the lower 50% is ideal.

Your output routing is set to external which is for connecting external mixers, you need internal for the s4. Then setup the master and monitor (phones) routings to the right outputs on the s4.

Also make sure your laptop does not have low battery, this will give a spike in the load on the cpu as it goes into power saving mode.

A final thing, there are settings to adjust whats displayed (can't remember exactly where off the top of my head) so you could hide the gain, key and filter controls if you don't need them on screen, depends what you want, I just know lots of people don't know you can hide stuff.
    IMG_8528.jpgIMG_8529.jpgIMG_8532.jpg
    Hi Rob ..... I've acted on your instructions and success !!
    I have the samples running at 256 now and the cpu is pumping 50% ...
    Is the audio icon ment to be orange ?
    I put decks 3 & 4 onto live for my turtables and got the right one playing but my left one has no sound even tho it is showing on the input channel...
    Great stuff Rob your a diamond geezer thanks again for your time your saving me alot of headaches ...
    If you need anymore photos i can send them tomorrow

Tech Mentor

Is the audio icon ment to be orange ?
    I think so. Never paid that much attention to it.

I put decks 3 & 4 onto live for my turtables and got the right one playing but my left one has no sound even tho it is showing on the input channel...
    In your screen shot deck c is not set to live input, only deck d.

Hope that fixes things.

Might be worth having a quick read of the Traktor manual, just incase somethings not working right in a live situation.

Default Traktor

Well Rob you have cracked it pal.... I can't thank you enough for your help ... A little bit embarrassing about the live not being on deck C but I'm over the moon that I can get my vinyl playing with my MP3's ... I wish I could give you a big man hug but thanks again and I'll recommend your the man #️⃣1️⃣

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12