Are you really using 4 channels in your Mixer/Controller? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

i personally really like mixing on 3 channels, so i use a 4 channel mixer... but i also use the other channel for an ableton out..i cant even fathom having a 2 channel mixer...and im a scratch dj :P
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Quote Originally Posted by The Lazy One View Post
    I just wanna start a lil debate over it
    There's no debate to be had. It's all about what you want to achieve.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

I've even been known to use 2 Track Decks and 2 Remix decks, so, essential TEN channels...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Technically I use five as I have four Traktor decks and Ableton with Push. I've also had six channels when I synced up my Volca Beats as well. Though the Beats is terrible for gigging as you can' see anything on it in the dark. Even tried using Tipp-ex to mark out down beats and knob notches but it wasn't enough.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

All 4 channels set up and used:
    2 tracks/stems decks
    1 remix deck with a special remix set using my main samples
    1 remix deck with a specific remix deck with a remix set keyed to one of the track I'm using/ or that's a track deck with an acapella.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

I use my Z2 mixer in a pseudo-4 channel mode when I'm going back to back with a mate on CDJs who can't quite grasp disabling Traktor Mode on decks A and B. Long story short, I have my X1 Mk2 mapped to control the gain, high, mids and lows for decks C and D on the knobs as I don't really use FX much. Might tweak the mapping to allow for the full control of the filter, keylock, etc. if I need to, but haven't had a chance to sit down and do that for a while.

Now that the recent patch for Traktor has introduced step sequencing, I can see some potential in going with a 4 channel arrangement, though I'm waiting on a roadcase to fit my Z2, two D2s and two F1s (one D2 and F1 per player well) before I fully tinker with that, mainly due to limited desk space in my bedroom. I do dabble a bit with the remix decks here and there, but think step sequencing will be the missing ingredient I need (perhaps one deck as a remix deck and the other as a step sequencer).
    Last edited by Notanon; 11-28-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul
    All 4 channels set up and used:
    2 tracks/stems decks
    1 remix deck with a special remix set using my main samples
    1 remix deck with a specific remix deck with a remix set keyed to one of the track I'm using/ or that's a track deck with an acapella.
    ^Now THAT sounds like fun. If only you mixed Hip-Hop/Breaks/Mid-Tempo...

Quote Originally Posted by Yul
    1 remix deck with a specific remix deck with a remix set keyed to one of the track I'm using
    I've been thinking about this a lot recently... Do you create a Remix Set, and then save variations of it where you have transposed each sample to the next key?

If only there was a way to adjust the key of EVERY sample in a Semix Set, instead of having to transpose all 64 samples individually...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I've even been known to use 2 Track Decks and 2 Remix decks, so, essential TEN channels...
    Maniac

I just got a 4 channel setup recently and I'm loving it. It's definitely a lot more to keep track of and it's taking some getting used to but I've successfully layered 3 tracks at once on a few mixes using the 3rd track mostly as a bridge or accent.

I only use 2 channels of my 4 channel mixer, but i am also a newbie. I think focus on getting 2 channels to sound nice then phase in 3 and 4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast