New box to remove noise from old vinyl records

Default New box to remove noise from old vinyl records

Hi DJTT forum!

I am working with a company called SweetVinyl developing a product called Sugarcube:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...yl-sugarcube#/

Our goal is to create a device that removes un-musical hissing, pops and noise from old records. The goal is crystal-clear source material which can create new sonic possibilities for sampling.

Feedback here is absolutely vital for us, but would love to hear your thoughts.

All the best,

Really cool idea, but that price point is kind of ridiculous.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

This is for the kind of audiophile who prefers the sound of DSP sampling to their actual records.

I'll leave the decisions about dynamics and filtering to the original engineers of the track rather than overlay generic processing.

I think it's a really nice idea as well, and priced according to who you're looking to go after. You've raised a good chunk of change.

Honestly though, I just use Audacity's Click and Pop Removal and it's "good enough" for me.

I wish you good luck though! Sounds like a fun project!
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Really cool idea, but that price point is kind of ridiculous.
    Have to agree here..
    SC - WS