Basic MF3D Understanding.

Talking Basic MF3D Understanding.

I've just purchased the MF3D, and love it. I have downloaded a few maps from this site and am just starting to get a taste of what this pad is capable of. My problem is I'm trying to find basic tutorials on mapping effects to the gyroscope section, utilizing the most out of a pack, etc.. but I haven't found anything on this website to help me. Maybe I'm blind, but I'm just looking for simple tutorials and guides. I'm currently just using a MF3D and Ableton Live, no CDJ.
    I've been starting to map some basic effects to the gyroscope, but am curious as to how far mapping can go. I really just want to read some helpful stuff.
    Really hoping I can get some help from this forum, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Emeezy; 12-04-2016 at 09:36 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi Emeezy,
    I also looked for a video tutorial after reading your message and you were right. I couldn't find anything on this topic so I made this quick and dirty tutorial on mapping 3D motion controls to parameters in Live. Please take in account that this is my first tutorial in english so...

Hope this helps to quite a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hi Emeezy,
    I also looked for a video tutorial after reading your message and you were right. I couldn't find anything on this topic so I made this quick and dirty tutorial on mapping 3D motion controls to parameters in Live. Please take in account that this is my first tutorial in english so...

Hope this helps to quite a few people.

Thank you very much! This is helping a lot. I do have one more question. Whenever I play a note and start tilting the MF3D, the note i play, as well as an unwanted bass-ish note gets played. It's just some kind of low frequency note that plays no matter what. Any ideas on what this might be?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

That's the Ch.4 F1 Note message which kicks in when you lift the device. Make sure you set your drum rack to only listen to the 3D on Ch.3 so those along the bank select Notes are ignored. If you use other devices you can either specify their channels or set the track itself to only listen to messages from your other controllers (say assigning a keyboard to your synth tracks).

It's explained on pages 6 & 7 of the User Guide