New Mixer Recommendations
    Tech Wizard

Default New Mixer Recommendations

I know, this is like asking what the best oil is in a motorcycle forum....but...

Looking for a small mixer that has...

at least 3 stereo channel inputs with eq available with selectable outputs (main or sub)
    at least 5 XLR mic inputs with select-able outputs
    Main stereo output
    Sub stereo output
    Mute buttons on each channel
    Reasonable price (preferably under $200 if possible - don't mind used)

Looking at the Yamaha MG12XU as a possibility....

Description of why, if you want additional info...

We are a small and new company who has been around for less then 1 year. We constantly try to get new additions and offer new services. We had an Alto ZMX122FX we picked up at black Friday last year. Did everything we needed it to do at the time. Setting up for a party a couple weeks ago the power cable snapped where it enters the wall-wart section. OH NO!!!!

Luckily I had an old Behringer Eurorack UB2222FX-Pro at the house and the venue was only about 8 minutes away. Home and back and up and running with time to spare! So, that began the search for either a new power adapter ($40) or a new mixer... The left channel of the main out has some static and sound issues on the Behringer, so I was using the sub output for the last 3 gigs.

We are looking for 3 stereo inputs because we have the Traktor S4 board, running Karafun on another machine for Karaoke - if requested (add-on) and the ability to have an input from mobile devices. We were, on the Alto board, putting a wireless mic for the DJ in the first channel and had 4 wired mics with XLR combiners on channel 2 and 3 for Karaoke. Hated there was no mute button and we had to manually turn the mics off at the board and then hope you remember where it was turned to when someone wanted to use it. Would be much easier to set the levels and mute/unmute when needed.

For the outputs, we have our main speakers that we use at the DJ board. We have setup for several larger events where we needed a 2nd setup (and two could have used a 3rd, but I don't have a third set of speakers/amp). In this past month, we had a sweet 16 where the party was in the barn and a bonfire out in the field. Had the dancefloor music running off the sub channel and the bonfire music running mono out the right channel of the main. Did the same at a dining facility on Fort Hood for Thanksgiving where they had 2 separate dining rooms, so stereo in the main area where they had a dancefloor and mono to the other dining room. Wish we had a third setup for the serving lines for the soldiers there.

I know...WAY to much info, but thought it might help to know the rationale behind what I was thinking...please let me know if I am off base on what I am looking for. Still learning.
    Shawn

Tech Wizard

Any recommendations? Is the Yamaha MG12XU a good unit or are there others that are better and/or a more cost effective fit for what I am looking for?
    Shawn

I really like the mackie mixers - think this ones got what you need https://www.thomann.de/gb/mackie_802_vlz4.htm
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.