Richie Hawtin - Traktor Setup
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Richie Hawtin - Traktor Setup

I found these video tutorials by the minimal man himself... see what you think... nothing really earth shattering but still highly interesting to see how he does it all with his setup...

NI video tutorial :: Intro

NI video tutorial :: syncing & beatmashing

NI video tutorial :: needledrop

NI video tutorial :: looping

NI video tutorial :: doublemacro

NI video tutorial :: controller setup

NI video tutorial :: 4decks & mastersync

Discuss !!

1st Setup (Main rig)Dell Studio XPS 1640 2nd Setup (Hotel & Living Room Parties, Kick backs etc.)MSI Wind U110 Intel Atom 1.6ghz Dual Boot Mac OSX 10.6 and Widows XP SP3 Accessories Native Instruments NI Audio 8 Traktor 3.2.2 Vestax VCI-100 v1.3http://www.myspace.com/syphic

Tech Mentor

Great videos helps the imagination
    Thank Ya!!!

Neato thanks for the movies, people are always asking questions about how to do these simple tasks so ill be sure to send them to this thread :P

Shees.. you beat me to it.. :P
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

no worries.. I am a massive fan of Richie Hawtin so was really stoked when I heard these were out...

Same here!

"Close to the Edit" is still a regular on my carstereo.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

i couldn't get the syncing beatmash and the 4decks master sync videos to work.

but from the ones i did see i noticed:

1) that he double syncs two decks...when he starts just givin'r -- Ive never even thought of that. i usually sync, unsync then bend together...cuz usually sync button just makes the track jump and avoid using it as much as possible. but im gonna give double syncing a try.

2) also this double macro... i really havent gotten into hardcore midi mapping yet... but it was really cool what he could do. whenever i tried to assign two functions to a control in traktor... it highlights in red and cancels one or the other out. how do u even do it -- double macro?

3) he uses a 2nd computer for effects. i wonder how thats rigged up...do you think the pure audio runs right through into computer 2? or its somehow smart mixed... wonder how he rigs that stuff up.

either way...after watching this video i realized ive got a lot of work to do.

whoa...just watched the remaining two videos...i guess ill add a thought...

4) if he's sending his master sync...over ethernet to these other computers and they are syncing it to it... they must all be using programs other than traktor ya? so im wondering which other programs can receive a clock?

i know ableton does...

what else? serato? vdj?

Answer 4.) Ableton mostly.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast