Savage Lake's setup
    Tech Convert

Default Savage Lake's setup

Spun vinyl for years, then Serato with just the 1200's and no sync. Transitioned to Traktor this year, and got into using cue points, effects, etc. I pretty much use the XDJ's as Traktor controllers.

Still some work to do on the setup: cable management, an angled shelf for the laptop/MF 3D/MF Twister/Push 2 (not pictured), and some more subtle lighting. I love all the toys, but I think my fav piece is the table. It's oiled butcher block on adjustable workstand legs.

dj setup december 2016.jpg

Looks great! I love the natural wood. Simple and easy to work with.

How wide is that table top? I could use a similar setup but never sure what the minimum size is.

Tech Convert

6 feet wide, 3 feet deep. Technics could be run standard style, and everything still fits. The 3' depth was the big issue I ran into, as far as finding a tabletop. Plenty of 25" and 30" depth out there, but that did not work for what I wanted.

I got that tabletop from Lumber Liquidators, and adjustable workbench legs from Home Depot. I'm 6'1", and the height is perfect. I think anyone 6'3" or over would want a taller setup.