Maschine Jam - Crowd Loved it. And I am Falling More and More in Love With it
    Tech Wizard

Default Maschine Jam - Crowd Loved it. And I am Falling More and More in Love With it

I did my first show last night with maschine jam.
    Also was my first show to show off all my OWN SOUNDS (music i made and was playing live inside maschine).

SEE BOTTOM OF POST FOR A PHOTO OF HOW I HAVE MY GEAR SETUP!

Or, here is the link right here:

So, this was the first gig i did where i wasn't considered a, "dj," i was considered a, "performer." I know the arguments are about to start pouring in about, "dj's are a performer!!!" And i TOTALLY agree. But the crowd, club owner, etc., mostly don't see us as a performer. From what they hear, we are just a guy who presses play. Lol. So far from it tho!

But what fun time it was doing my live looping for the public. It's been years since i started this project and i finally performed it.

I just keep finding more and more uses for this Maschine Jam gadget.
    Internet People ripped it for being an ableton knockoff--- but the crowd LOVED me solo'ing over a track using the smart strips combined with keyboard mode!

People were standing and cheering when i started doing that mixed with the keyboard mode.
    I wish there was a way to switch back and forth between them without pressing shift.
    Because i picked up the maschine jam last night and played it like a guitar (holding it sideways)
    Really really great reaction.

And i wasn't really doing anything ... just hitting a few notes on the pads (keyboard mode) and a few root notes on the strips. Maybe they loved the colors? Maybe the small accents actually did make the song sound better.

The way you can be drumming on a maschine studio and at the same time shift scenes on the maschine jam- the possibilities are endless!! .. still figuring out how i can use this lock feature live.

SIDENOTE QUESTION:
    On Maschine Jam,
    The "pin," feature...
    When you hold shift and hit song.
    What is that feature?

Last night was my first live show.
    Used this setup:
    - Kontrol S4 Mk2
    - Kontrol F1
    - Maschine Jam
    - Maschine Studio
    - Komplete Kontrol S49
    - 2 computers (new computer and old computer. One for traktor and one for maschine. because these giant maschine sets take up a TON of CPU... anyone know how to kick that down a couple notches? Tried getting the new touch strip macbook pro 15'' that is the HIGHEST specs... had it for 2 weeks and returned it because $4k for a computer is fucking stupid . Lol)

Anyone know rumors about NI meshing Traktor and Maschine together? Like they've done with Komplete Kontrol S series Keyboards?
    Would love to somehow have an instance of maschine open in traktor . Ohhhh ONE DAY!

I've been DJ'ing/Producing since 2008.
    I started with an NS7 (still miss those platters) ..
    Then I traded that in for an S4 mk2 and a techniq turntable.
    I'd love to bring that techniq to my gigs but my setup wont allow anything else lol.
    Attaching a picture now.

In 2013 i decided it was becoming too much of a "job," and no one was appreciating the art.
    FOR EXAMPLE- me scratching during a routine i've worked on for months... and someone interrupting me mid-way thru asking to play, "Crazy in Love," or some song...
    And i'm just like, "DO YOU SEE WHAT I'M DOING??? THIS IS COOL, THIS IS ORIGINAL, i'm playing this thing like an actual instrument!!" --- no one gave a damn.

So for 3-4 years now, i've been practicing my live looping type show.
    Eoto style. Right? No requests there.
    WRONG.
    Still got a few requests last night but---- nothing like when i'm on the turntables.
    I'm working on bringing in a guitar into my setup as well.
    The tech side is whats lacking in my life though.
    My 2 macbooks (2012 & 2013 mac pro's with the retina screens) work fine.
    But would be nice to have just 1 do it all.
    So i took to my musical skills.
    Realized that people playing keyboard or drums or whatever doesn't take requests.
    Cuz they can't play the song!!!!! Lol (or they could use that as an excuse)
    So i put my musical talents to work.
    Got a maschine and learned that.
    Then came the s49.
    Thought i finally had the setup right. Looping and making Beats on the spot---
    Nope! The maschine jam was the final piece to the puzzle!
    Now i can REALLY make some loops on the fly FAST FAST FAST.

Guys,
    IF YOU USE MASCHINE, GET THE MASCHINE JAM

Just my opinion. But damn it's awesome and i didn't think i'd enjoy it this much.
    I'm sure when maschine jam studio comes out, it will be the most epic controller on the planet.
    But until then- PROPS TO N-I.

I wish i could figure out how to attach a photo to this of my setup... i'll try. It looks cool.
    Here is a link to the setup on tumblr. Can't figure this out how to put the photo into the forum!

https://truckboattruckin.tumblr.com/...h-the-maschine

Does that link work?

Mod Edit:

Fixed those links for you.

Last edited by Stewe; 12-11-2016 at 06:20 AM.

I love the Jam too. Waiting to get a new laptop before I integrate it into my live setup.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6