Fitting better buttons to an X1 Mk2
    Tech Wizard

Default Fitting better buttons to an X1 Mk2

Hey guys, its been a while!

I'm wanting to replace the effect on/off buttons on my x1 for something more playable, as I use them for extra cues, slicer mode and various other stuff. Ideally I'd have 4 of the F1 pads on each side, but I'm thinking that something like a low-profile arcade button or something similar would be a better call. Any suggestions for where to find something?

Get a Midifighter? Or a Novation Launchpad? Or just use an F1 and map it how you want? I really doubt you'll be able to mod the X1 as: a) it's not really that sort of hardware, and b) there really isn't a lot of wiggle room.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

Got a Mf3d and an F1, I've been spending a lot of time though trying to eek the maximum amount of stuff out of a single x1 - its awesome to be able to turn up with an x1 and an audio 2 then start using all the cool extra features!

At the moment, one of these features is the slicer, which I'm using along with flux for some really cool effects - the only issue being that I'm finding it difficult to be expressive on the tiny buttons. I know theres not much space vertically, but hopefully I can add something with more surface area to make it easier to hit at speed.

I'll take one apart tonight and post some pics, could be fun!

If you are gonna modify the body that much, you might as well just build your own casing and relocate everything exactly how you want, depending on your level of soldering skills.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Thats quite a good idea actually - I could raise the height of the rear half a little. I've got access to a 3d printer so creating a new top panel shouldn't be too difficult. Good call!