MidiFighter Twister - Pattern and Sound knobs not registering.
    Tech Convert

Question MidiFighter Twister - Pattern and Sound knobs not registering.

Hi everyone, Im having a bit of an issue with my Twister that I just started using. I bought it over a year ago but had been out of the country for work for several months and never got to dive into it. Getting it going now for the first time. I'm new to custom mapping and the Midi Fighter Line so I'm not very good at troubleshooting this stuff. I'm using the Kontrol S5 with the Twister as an added piece of gear for the remix decks. Actually just one remix deck on Deck D in Traktor.

Mine actually recognizes the volume and mute knobs as well as filter no problem. It also does the PLAY button and switching from Deck C or D control seems to work as well. But the pattern and sound knobs arent reading at all. If I press the pattern knob it will go to the step sequencer mode too and is running but its not triggering sounds on the steps that it should.

I'm on MacOSX 10.10 Yosemite myself. I installed the MF utility and upgraded my firmware first and then imported the MFS file and sent it to the Twister. After this I then imported the TSI in Traktor. I'm using this mapping:
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/6405

I also tried using the big button Import for my TSI so it would wipe out any interference from the S5 mappings or anything else possibly, but still the same problem. I have the In/outs set for the Twister in the Controller Mapping in Traktor as well. The USB cable should be ok, its a new Chroma cable from DJTT.

I made sure the MF Utility wasnt open same time as Traktor either as I read that has caused Midi Channel confusion on some PCs, but still no better. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Something in the wrong order?

Thanks for the help!

-jinjerbear

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi JNaykid,

Your sound selector knobs will only work in the Main page of the mapping. Once you press the pattern knob to edit a pattern the sound knob mappings becomes disabled so you don't accidentally change to some of other sounds while pressing down the knobs in the upper encoder row (enabling steps 1 to 4).

However, you can still select different sounds while in the pattern edit mode. To do so press and hold down left-handed bottom side button to bring up the sound selector menu where you can press down any of the knobs to directly select one of 16 sound available. Very similar to how the "Sound Selector" is implemented in our MF 3D Sequencer mapping.