help with DJ 3340USB cant identify individual units of kit

Default help with DJ 3340USB cant identify individual units of kit

Ok so I just got this CD/USB/SD DJ mixer unit in a big nifty box, its been sitting around rusting for a while i geuss. Its made up of a media unit that takes the cds and cards which connects to a controller unit via a round 13 pin connector (kind of like a midi connecter). It also came with a 2 channel analog mixer unit which I have seen before with a gemini tag on it.

Everything is marked with Premier DJ 3340USB but Im very sure that the analog mixer and the controller are not originially made by Premier (which is an electronics brand found in latino countries). I cannot find any information about this kit online. I really want to know where the controller part comes from. Something tells me that the controller part wasnt originally designed for this kit and would really would like to know the real name of the unit to see what other things can be used with it.

I tried turning it all on, which it did. Everything lit up like it wanted to work. cd trays wont open, and nothing seems to read. Both Lcd screens on the controller read 1 and none of the buttons makes it do anything. It also seems to zap a little if you touch the box.

Removing the individual units went smoothely for the controller and the analog mixer, but the cd player part of the kit is still stuck, im going to have to grind out the screws at some point.

The analog part of the mixer seemed to work although i havent played anything through it seems to be in perfect condition. I have used the same unit with a gemini tag on it working as a DJ at a bar for 5 months. Its a great little piece of equipment and I'm really glad I have it.

The controller part also seems to be in nice condition and the buttons have a great feel and the Jogwheels are metal, albeit small. Whats interesting is the cable that connects it to the CD unit. at first I thought it was a midi connector, but they have only 4 pins only and this one has 13, google told me that it was mainly used some sort of guitar recording setup for pc.

What seems to be really toast from the outside is the cd player unit. There seems to be rust pouring out of it from all over the place, It and the box seems to be much lower quality than the rest of the kit. Without that working I dont know how I would use that controller part.

I have a little circuit board repair station set up so im gonna have a look inside the media unit but I have a feeling that its completely gone. I also just got a teensy 2.0++ to play with so if worse come to worse I can rewire it to use that instead. However having the the usb part working would be useful, not being completely tied down to a PC would be a big plus, and I can use the teensy in a different project.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The CD player appears to be a Chinese OEM also known as the CDJ6600 and is sold under various cheap brand names.

However if you are intent on trying to repair it, first replace the cable - that was always the weak point on these kinds of units. Rusting might mean beer or water damage though.

The upper unit is not going to output midi and is kinda useless without the lower.

If it were me I'd throw it on the junk pile - you can pick up a brand new gemini dual CD with built in mixer for $200 - probably less that it would cost to replace or repair the unit if a cable doesn't work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gemini-CDM-4...IAAOSw9NdXq38q

well I live in costa rica so thing like that become exponentially much more expensive, Plus money like that is harder to come by. and I wouldnt buy a cd set up, I've allways been a computer type although I want to get into turntablism in the future.

Now of course im not into doing a big fancy expensive repair job. If I cant fix it easy so be it, it looks so rusty and fubar, although it does turn on and light up.

Ill probably just end up wiring it to the teensy. Thank you for identifying the unit for me.