Controller(s) works with BOTH Traktor & Serato?
    Tech Convert

Default Controller(s) works with BOTH Traktor & Serato?

Hi,
    What controllers are fully-functional with both Serato & Traktor aside from the Novation twitch?
    TSP/Audio8
    2xTechnics 1200 MK2
    1xRane TTM-56
    2xShure M447
    X1

Most controllers do, if they are MIDI compliant, then they'll work with the right mappings. MIDI mappings are available for most controllers for Serato and Traktor. Some are Native to particular software, for example Native Instruments gear is specific to Traktor.

Pioneer has a clue in some of their product models, The Pio DDJ-S series is Serato native for example. They do have specific controls named for functions in Serato.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Convert

I see that mappings exist for a multitude of controllers - but I'm hoping to hear from users who have actually experienced it to know if the operation is "plug and play". For example, I've been reading that Pioneer released a dedicated traktor mapping for the DDJ-SZ. Does your Denon controller work with both?
    TSP/Audio8
    2xTechnics 1200 MK2
    1xRane TTM-56
    2xShure M447
    X1

Tech Mentor

Firstly, they've got to be a serato supported controller, so that rules out N.I controllers etc.

I've owned & used the following Serato controllers with Traktor; Denon MC4000 / Denon MC6000 (both Mark 1 & 2) / Novation Twitch / Vestax VCI-380

All of the above have official or easily available Traktor tsi files.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Quote Originally Posted by StudentLoans View Post
    I see that mappings exist for a multitude of controllers - but I'm hoping to hear from users who have actually experienced it to know if the operation is "plug and play". For example, I've been reading that Pioneer released a dedicated traktor mapping for the DDJ-SZ. Does your Denon controller work with both?
    Yep, I got Serato DJ with the controller.
    And I was already a Traktor user.
    It runs native with Serato,
    And with mapping for Traktor.

Works flawlessly with both.

I also use Launchpads. Work fine too on both.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Your safest bet is probably a DDJ-SX2, it has an official mapping made by Pioneer (they haven't updated it in a while tho) and a handful of user made ones. It's the best sold controller for the past 2 years so it has the larger user base as a result. If you see any mappings for DDJ-R devices they should still work since they send the same MIDI messages. (e.g.: I made a DDJ-RX mapping with all the current bells & whistles including the sequencer that works fine on a SX2)

It's worth noting that all Serato controllers use HID with that and revert to high resolution MIDI in Traktor so jog response ain't as tight, still good enough for beat matching and casual scratching but if it's not working out for you then you can also tweak the mapping's sensitivity and acceleration to suit you best.