Platter wobble(up and down)

Default Platter wobble(up and down)

Hello,

I have two RP7000's and I noticed on one of them the platter moves up and down slightly when its turning.

I've switched the platters between the two turntables to test if it was platter or the turntable. Same issue with the same platter on either turntable but the other platter is fine regardless of which turntable its on.

When comparing the two platters I can't see any difference between the two.

The both lie flat on a flat surface so can't see any dents or bumps.

Its doesn't affect the sound quality and it works perfect but was wondering if this is something that could cause an issue down the line.

Video of wobble:

Any suggestions on what to try would be greatly appreciated!

Its not a massive problem, but I wouldn't like that. Contact Reloop. Are they still under warranty?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

My guess - the platter hole is not well machined. This is seen with other OEM brands (Stanton), as it's the same platter. They should give you new one.

Try dropping it on the spindle from a different orientation, maybe there's a spot on which it would lay better.

Thanks for the replies. It's still in warranty so I will contact reloop about it. It's not affecting the sound quality so aside from the annoyance was more concerned if would do any harm to use them. Thanks again.

Strictly speaking, it COULD cause slight damage to the spindle, bearings and motor if it is significantly out of balance.

Warranties are good, and I'd rather be safe than sorry if I was you.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj