Release FX

Thread: Release FX

Default Release FX

Hi everyone!

I'm in love with that function (for anyone who doesn't know about it: it's used when you are running two or three effects, even one, and it's a pushable button which turn off all the effects running and makes an Echo/Vinyl Break/backspin transition on it). I discovered it with Rekordbox. The problem: I'm a Serato guy.

I know Traktor is able for Release FX (i've seen an S4 mod with the jog wheels, and also a Midi Fighter Twister. I imagine it could be done with any extra midi device). But there is NO Serato mode for it!

Do you know something related to it? The nearest thing in Serato could be Echo Out + fast pushing off the other effects and then pushing OFF Echo Out, but that's weird.

I think Serato has lot of work with Rekordbox in the market: it's very smooth, has a sequencer, release FX, and library manage is very impreseive.

nobody?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Your main issue is that you can't assign the same note/cc in Serato to multiple controls and release FX are mainly based on killing any active FX units on top of the release effect itself as soon as you let go the button/knob that engages it.

So either Serato needs to step up their mapping game so people can do it theirselves (like you see in Traktor) or implement the feature.

Sound so like this could be achieved using Bomes Mudi Translator using a One-To-Many Translator...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yup, that could work as well.