Modified Numark PT-01 Scratch w/ Innofader + Bluetooth / MP3 player

Default Modified Numark PT-01 Scratch w/ Innofader + Bluetooth / MP3 player

I knew since day 1 the upcoming Numark PT-01 would have newer internal wiring that would make something like this possible... so after talks of this kind of stuff went around Elliot over at innofader did a small batch run of 15 prototype modded mini innofader PNP's that were specifically modded to connect to the original internal wiring of the PT-01 Scratch's scratch switch. Plus an updated firmware on the innofader to cut on both sides so no need for hamster switches or anything.

I used an old fader faceplate cover as a template to mark off and cut where I was going to place the fader on the body of the table and did all the dirty work to get it in there. Countersunk the screw holes too so the screws wouldn't become a problem while doing wild cuts.

Since then I've also come across talks with the homie Carlos over at scratchtoys.com and he put together a wonderful little kit of an MP3 decoder, all the necessary wiring, and a custom made 3D printed replacement side plate for the numark pt-01 scratch's input section. Literally is just plug and play on the inside with a few wirings and re-routes of signals but it allows the new MP3 Decoder unit to be installed quite nice and comes in 3 colors, I chose red of course to match the rest of my portable setup. Still allows the original line input too!

Since then I've added an arcade style start/stop button to control the platter instead of the tonearm doing that job. As well as an ultrapitch kit from openformat to get greater and finer control of the pitch of the unit.

The faceplate was removed during all this and sent off to my homies at styleflip to make a template so I'm waiting on that to come back before I throw it back and and cut into that to fit all the newer surface mount mods that have been done since then.

Awesome man!! This really is amazing
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI