Ddj sz tractor unresponsive jog wheels

Default Ddj sz tractor unresponsive jog wheels

Hi hoping someone might be able to help . Recently got a ddj sz and wanted to set up with traktor I downloaded the official tsi and loaded it as instructions said . Anyway everything seems to work and respond except when I try and use jog wheels they don't respond or respond late after going back and forward many times . I loaded up serato and there no prob with jog wheels and work and respond as they should be . Any idea as I'm baffled I search online to no joy. Didn't know who I should contact as pioneer traktor not official and serato as I said works fine .not appoched ni yet thought try here first . Thanks in advance

Traktor supports only regular midi protocol with non-NI controllers (other than Pioneer CDJ's that use HID). The result of that is the sluggish behavior of jog wheels. You can try to adjust that a little under preferences (sensitivity and such) but it will never be the same as with native softvare (in this case SeratoDJ).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Traktor supports only regular midi protocol with non-NI controllers (other than Pioneer CDJ's that use HID). The result of that is the sluggish behavior of jog wheels. You can try to adjust that a little under preferences (sensitivity and such) but it will never be the same as with native softvare (in this case SeratoDJ).
    Thanks for that gutted as I been traktor user for years and I'm more hands on looks like I be going over to serato or record box . Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Huckle View Post
    Thanks for that gutted as I been traktor user for years and I'm more hands on looks like I be going over to serato or record box . Shame
    jogwheels should work just fine for regular mixing, they are just a little bit sluggish for scratching. If they don't respond at all that may indicate some other problem. Did you try the controller with SDJ?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

He did and it works so it's definitively a mapping issue.

When they don't respond to scratching, are they pitch bending instead or not sending any kind of info? That should determine if the message that isn't being engaged all the time is the platter touch or the jog turn.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Could be incorrect encoder mode in the 'Jog Turn' mapping commands.

Didn't DDJ-SZ had some sort of hardware problem with jogwheels that required sending back some units?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I don't think the problem is with hadrware because jog wheels are working fine with Serato.

I'm not very familiar with Pioneer stuff but I know that SX needs to be set to "Other than Serato" MIDI mode and perhaps same is with SZ.