Pioneer WeDJ for iPad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Default Pioneer WeDJ for iPad

    really digging this new app. works great. only $4.99

    make sure you dive into the settings. set quantize, load lock, auto gain, etc.

    so far I like it a lot.

  2. #2

    Default

    found one bug.
    when you quantize and you try to cue the first beat sometimes it can't "see" the first beat and it will only let you cue the second beat.
    c'mon Pioneer.

  3. #3

    Default

    got it working with 4 channel audio. more info coming soon.

  4. #4
    Tech Guru deevey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D
    Posts
    3,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    got it working with 4 channel audio. more info coming soon.
    Looks "okay" but Djay Pro is half price right now for iPad ($9.99) but a whole lot more "full featured" with 4 channels, Transposing, and a few other nice features like Spotify playlists and the sugarbytes fx packs are pretty darn nice (and IMHO a better interface).

    Does the WeDJ App pull in Rekordbox playlists by any chance ?

  5. #5

    Default

    Not sure about Rekordbox playlists.
    The only reason I use DJay Pro is because of the Spotify integration. The interface is shit. Unless you have baby hands, it's easy to hit the wrong stuff. I've emailed them 10 times to fix the pitch bend. the buttons are the size of BB gun ammo. Why can't they lay it over the waveform? Like Cross DJ and WeDJ. And it only accurately finds the beatgrid 1 out of 9 times when analyzing. How does it not know the first beat? It's the first beat for God's sake.
    It also doesn't support 4 channel sound. For true stereo and stereo monitoring.
    I still prefer Cross DJ over DJay Pro. The only reason I still use DJay Pro is for Spotify.

    I only use the iPad for DJing small parties and fun stuff. If i'm going to do a "real" party I'll pull out the Traktor rig. It's just nice to have a portable rig for other gigs. Like going out on a boat. or camping, etc.
    Last edited by loverocket; 01-03-2017 at 11:58 AM.

  6. #6

    Default

    actually been having issues with the pitch bend on WeDJ too. same issue as DJay Pro. The pitch bend buttons have a tiny little patch where you miss it and worse than DJay Pro.. bam you stop the waveform.

    who the hell is beta testing this? Cross DJ and DJ App have it figured out. Just make it use the whole waveform. and have a button to switch to needle drop.

  7. #7
    Tech Guru deevey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D
    Posts
    3,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Not sure about Rekordbox playlists.
    The only reason I use DJay Pro is because of the Spotify integration. The interface is shit. Unless you have baby hands, it's easy to hit the wrong stuff. I've emailed them 10 times to fix the pitch bend. the buttons are the size of BB gun ammo. Why can't they lay it over the waveform? Like Cross DJ and WeDJ. And it only accurately finds the beatgrid 1 out of 9 times when analyzing. How does it not know the first beat? It's the first beat for God's sake.
    It also doesn't support 4 channel sound. For true stereo and stereo monitoring.
    I still prefer Cross DJ over DJay Pro. The only reason I still use DJay Pro is for Spotify.

    I only use the iPad for DJing small parties and fun stuff. If i'm going to do a "real" party I'll pull out the Traktor rig. It's just nice to have a portable rig for other gigs. Like going out on a boat. or camping, etc.
    I'm using DJay Pro with Full 4ch Stereo Sound with Djay, both with a soundcard built into my controller (vci100 mk2) or standalone with a $8 6ch Zalman Soundcard (ebay link here)

    Honestly the size of the bends I think are just fine on an iPad mini in 2 deck mode (on phone it would be problematic) but maybe I've just got small hands.

    Never had an issue with the beat grids themselves whatsoever, it syncs and stays locked - however it never auto cues the first beat, I genuinely didn't really notice until you mentioned it, is it supposed to Auto cue ?

    I guess the interface was designed with controller use in mind more so than used standalone - lets face it, Pioneer want to sell WeGo's, not software and Algoriddim want Djay to be used with their sponsors hardware.

  8. #8

    Default

    Djay Pro will sometimes set the first downbeat as 2 or 3. Which means if you use sync your phasing will be off. Even when I edit the beatgrid and correct it, it will be off when you have sync on. So you have to be on top of it all the time.

    I know, I know, why are you using sync?

    Well because if it works correctly I don't have to be correcting stuff. And like I said before this is for fun times. Not for work.

    If i'm working I'll bring out the Traktor laptop and my controller.

  9. #9
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    hey deevey, just wanted to make sure - you're using the vci100 mk2 with the IPAD running djay pro? is it stable? and the audio works and everything? Also, you able to use 4 decks from the controller? Been looking for this kind of solution forever!!! any info would be greatly appreciated!!

  10. #10
    Tech Guru deevey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D
    Posts
    3,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miercoles View Post
    hey deevey, just wanted to make sure - you're using the vci100 mk2 with the IPAD running djay pro? is it stable? and the audio works and everything? Also, you able to use 4 decks from the controller? Been looking for this kind of solution forever!!! any info would be greatly appreciated!!
    Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes - you just need to set up your controller and export a mapping from the desktop version of DJpro. Then you can send it to the Ipad version using document sharing in iTunes

    This works for any controller that is core audio / core midi

    Djay Pro will sometimes set the first downbeat as 2 or 3. Which means if you use sync your phasing will be off. Even when I edit the beatgrid and correct it, it will be off when you have sync on. So you have to be on top of it all the time.
    Genuinely haven't come across this issue and been trying to replicate it. The grid always seems to be fine and stable on my side and never an issue syncing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •